Chapter Eleven

A/N: Hey. Sorry we haven't uploaded in a few days...I would say homework got in the way....but it hasn't. We're just actually catching up to where we're actually at, and writing at, right now! At this moment! So...uploads might be father spaced out. But....65 days till Christmas! And only 11 days till Halloween! Sorry. I tell everyone that. Okay. Please comment, or vote, or fan....or whatever. Just reading is fine too...Okay. Sorry. Here's the chapter.

-Siri-

Shit. Shit shit shit shit! Siri screamed in her mind as she slammed her room door closed. She had just agreed to...to have an affair! And with Tharren, no less. She took a deep breath. Why had she done it? Why had she kissed him? Why had she...why? She would be ruined if anyone found out. She would loose her credibility for her job, having an affair with a prisoner, a Hadalian prisoner nonetheless, and Lewis...she would loose Lewis if he found out...and what would people say? He was a Hadalian! How could she put his heritage behind him? He was from Hadalia, his people killed her parents. He had been caught in uniform, he had been assisting his country in the war effort when he was caught, he wasn't ignorant of the war, and the tension between their countries, she was well aware of it, and it didn't come with being the war advisor, although that might help in her being more informed....more informed. Siri fell onto her bed, face first. Tharren was so obviously playing her for information. She wasn't stupid, she knew it from day one. He wanted information about her, she wanted information from him. Were they just playing each other? Was she just playing him? Why was she not getting up and calling their thing off if she knew he was playing her? She should, but she wasn't. She was okay with it?

Siri closed her eyes, trying to remember just what happened. She had gone into Tharren's rooms, to collect the plates...but also to try to figure out what she thought about Tharren. They had talked, she had asked him to kiss her again. He had. They kissed. Twice. She had agreed to have an affair. She was having an affair, and she wasn't going to do anything to stop it.

It was like she was a different person with Tharren, being around him...threw her off. It made her do things she normally wouldn't do, hence...the affair. Siri hit her head to the headboard of her bed. She was over thinking this. How many times had she just thought the word 'affair?'

She sat up on her bed. She took a calming breath. She was fine. She was not going insane. She was having a relationship with Tharren, who is Hadalian. But he was in the army, so he could have some vital information that would go towards Lunestar's war effort. She had decided that going into a relationship was the best tactic to gaining this information. There. That was what was going on. It was all tactics. Cold, clear tactics, that she could explain to her peers if they ever became aware of it. Her having an affair reflected nothing about her personal life.

Yeah. That works. She told herself. It was merely professional. She would out play him, who was probably playing her the exact same way for information. Professional. She stood up from her bed, but collapsed back down. Who was she kidding? She liked Tharren, despite his country, his snide comments, his ability to get her to talk. She liked his laugh, his voice, his ability to get her talk. But...she was engaged to Lewis. She was getting married to Lewis in a week and a half. his family was coming to celebrate with them. She would have the affair with Tharren until she got information out of him, then, like he said she could, she would break it off. Tharren would be sent to a lesser prison, and he would probably attempt to escape, maybe he would succeed, and go back to Hadalia to rejoin the army. She would continue being the war advisor, continue to be responsible for killing many Hadalian soldiers. Maybe she would end up killing him. No matter what, it was the way things would go.

Siri stood up and tied her hair back into a pony tail before continuing. As she entered the hall, she heard someone call her name. She looked, and saw a man coming down the hall. As he got closer, Siri saw it was Lewis. She automatically checked to make sure her dagger was still in her boot. It was.