Chapter Twelve: Endings and Beginnings

Start from the beginning

Hannah's POV

I ran to the speaker at the sound of the buzz. I heard my best friend's husky voice whisper through the speaker. I was suddenly filled with longing. I had missed Annabelle so much...

I buzzed her in immediately, unlocking the door for her. As soon as she stepped in the door, I gave her a big bear hug.

Then, she told me the news.

I gave her an extra pregnancy test that I had got all those many months ago. It was positive. I comforted Annabelle as much as I could. She was very grateful, but still entirely freaked out.

She told me all about how she had just felt lonely, so she did it with the first guy she saw... I felt so bad, and told her so. She told met hat in no way was it my fault, and we made up entirely, promising to be best friends forever.

I realised that i had just friend-zoned her, and I felt bad. I told her so, and she just laughed, saying that being friends was fine with her.

It was a very happy time for me. There were many reasons that I should not have been happy, like my mother, the fact that my best friend was pregnant, I was about to have a baby and I was only 16, and my sister was not too happy, either, but I just felt good.

*2 months later*

I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, when the strangest thing happened. It felt as though someone had reached down and pinched my spine. It wasn't painful, exactly, but certainly uncomfortable.

I had just laughed at some stupid Family Guy joke about the president when it happened again. I frowned to myself, just as Jasper entered the room. He had a grin on his face, stretching from ear to ear.

"What's up?" I asked, as he swooped down and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Oh, nothing," he said slyly, "Just got a reservation at Parc du Lac Leamy for our wedding..."

"You did not!"

"I did," he grineed at me. Parc du Lac Leamy was my favourite picnic spot, and I had always dreamed of having a wedding there.

"I would smother you to death in kisses, but I can't move," I informed him. He laughed and picked me up in a bridal carry, kissing me passionately.

"Ow," I cried a few moments later.

"What's wrong?" he asked me, concern in his eyes.

"I love you, but can you put me down?" I asked him breathlessly. He set me down gently, his warm blue eyes staring into mine in total concern and love. I looked at the clock. Time to start timing, I thought.

A wet feeling spread over my legs. "Aaah, shit." I stared down at my legs in dismay, "that would be my water breaking."