24: Man Stealer

Real men stay faithful. They don't have time to search for other women because they're too busy looking for new ways to love their own.

"That...is not at all what it looks like..."

"Then what is it?" I ask calmly.

He sits down across from me on the couch and grabs my hand in his, looking into my eyes. I glance down at our hands with an angry face but make no effort to pull my hand away from his. 

"Alexis, I have told you a million times that I love you. That girl, she was outside the studio at our interview today. After we were leaving we stopped to say hello to a few of them. I recognized her from the meet and greet last night, so we chatted for a bit, but when I turned away to talk to Zayn about something she grabbed my hand to turn me back around. Someone probably snapped a picture and made it look worse than it actually was. I promise you that I'm not lying. I would never lie to you or try to hurt you. Please don't be mad at me or upset with me about this. It really wasn't under my control." 

His eyes were pleading. Begging me to forgive him for something that wasn't even his fault. My angry expression softened. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug and I could feel him relax in my arms.

I could tell he was honestly afraid. He was afraid he'd lose me. The thought of breaking up with Niall made a single tear run down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away so he wouldn't see. 

"I'm sorry I got mad," I say softly, still hugging him. I didn't want to ever have to let go. 

"I would be mad too if I saw something like that online. Don't worry about it." I finally release him. I really do have the best boyfriend in the universe. He smiles at me. "We better get our things packed though. We leave extra early tomorrow morning," he says, pecking my forehead. I sigh and pack my things into my suitcase. 

I couldn't wait to leave the state of Georgia and get away from Maggie. I wouldn't have to worry about her trying to steal my boyfriend. I trusted Niall though. Maybe it was a misunderstanding...

~~~~~~

"Good luck," the boys all say to me. I had Claire in my arms as I prepared to go onstage. I took a deep breath and Niall kissed my cheek as I put Claire down and grabbed the microphone. 

By now we were in South Carolina. Three stops left. It made me want to freeze time. 

"Here we go..." I mumble as the music begins and I bounce onstage just like every night. After performing How We Do by Rita Ora I left the stage and headed to my dressing room like always. I switched out of my dress into a pair of sweatpants and a cami. Claire sat next to me as we watched the boys perform on the screen. By the time they finished I had dozed off. 

"We're back!" Harry's voice woke me up. 

"Shh! She's sleeping..." Liam scolded him. I kept my eyes shut, listening to them argue. 

"Sorry," Harry whispered back. I heard Louis then chuckle. 

"I bet if Niall was here he would be jealous of that couch..." Lou says. The other boys laugh quietly. 

"Where is he anyway?" Zayn wonders aloud. Silence followed. 

"He'll turn up," Liam reasons. I hear the sound of someone plopping down on the opposite end of the couch from me. I squirm a bit before fluttering my eyes open. I pretended to act like I had just woken up. 

"You guys are back," I state. They all smile back at me. Claire was sitting by Louis half asleep. I look around with a curious look on my face. "Where's Niall?" The boys all exchange glances.