New confessions, New nicknames

As the week went on, I engaged myself by cleaning and re-organising the house in the mornings and hanging out with Jenna and Noah in the evenings. Jen and I grew closer as we practised together in our free time. She promised me a spot on the team. Apart from dance, we also bonded over our mutual interest towards positivity, happiness and teasing Noah.

I was glad to have a friend by my side. In most towns, it took me at least a few weeks. I didn't know the reason but this town made me feel like I belonged. My whole life I had never found many people who cared enough to be actual friends. Usually, I was just an acquaintance or a fling and I was fine with it. However, as I got closer to becoming an adult I realised that I wanted something serious.

That evening I went to meet Noah and Jen at the coffee shop. When I walked in I saw Jenna and Seth deep in conversation. I didn't want to interrupt so I found Noah stationed behind the counter and walked up to him.

"Hey, What's going on?" I asked nodding towards the unusually quiet couple.

"Nothing much. Seth is leaving for college tomorrow. I guess they're just figuring out their future." He said.

"Oh. Well, that's sad, I hope she's not too upset."

"She won't be. I'm there to cheer her up" he smirked.

"Lucky her." I mocked him.

He rolled his eyes but had to leave our conversation in order to attend to an impatient customer. When his shift, well Jen's shift that he was covering for, got over he came to the table I was seated at and joined me. I was glad for the company. Listening to music while drinking coffee and reading was literal paradise but I was an active girl and I could only sit down for so long before I had to move around.

"Wanna go for a stroll? I'm really tired of sitting in one place"

"Sure. Let me just tell Jen and Seth"

I waited outside as Noah spoke to the two of them. It appeared that they had finished their conversation and they decided to join us too.

Jen and Seth walked ahead of us holding hands and being all Lovey-dovey. This was going to be one long walk.

"Ugh, Aster do something before I tackle that guy to the floor," He said protectively.

"Find him so irresistible, eh?" I nudged him, sending his body slightly off balance.

"Very funny" He pushed back.

We walked around the serene town, often commenting about how annoyingly cute the pair in front of us were. They were holding hands, occasionally looking into each others eyes. I was painful to watch them work in perfect harmony.

"Ever been in a long term relationship, blondie?" Noah questioned.

"One, if you count five months as long-term. Also, don't ever call me by that name again, unless you want to be punched in the gut. I've got dancers' strength and I'm not afraid to use it."

"Feisty, I love it" He laughed.

"How about you? Have you ever been in a serious relationship?"

"Nah. Never believed in it. What's the point, once high school is over we're gonna leave for college anyways. And long-distance for four years, not exactly the way I roll" he replied.

"The way you roll?" I asked.

"Okay, I admit it. That kind of sounded stupid." He replied.

"But what if you find the right girl?"

"Haven't found her till now, but I think I might have just found her." He grins.

I roll my eyes in response.

"Hey blondie, I wanted to ask..." before he could finish his sentence I hit his arm playfully.

"Hey! You're so gonna pay for that" He screamed as I ran as fast as I could.

He snuck up behind and stepped on my untied shoelace. I tripped and fell on the ground. I clutched the back of my head, faking an injury. Noah bent down and started apologising frantically and offered me his hand. I took the opportunity and pulled him down with me. I quickly got on top of him and he raised his palms up in surrender.

"Okay, Okay you win."

"Not yet. Promise that you won't call me by that awful nickname ever again." I threatened.

"What's the point of promising something if I'm never going to keep it up." He winked playfully.

"Ummm, What's going on over here?" Jena asked, a hint of a smile appearing on her face. Something told me that this girl would pay to see Noah in a happy relationship.

"I..uh...ummm..well you see.."I stammered as I got up, my cheeks hot with embarrassment at what Jen was implying.

"What she's trying to say is that..." Noah began before he was cut off by Jenna.

"Uh-huh, don't you dare lie to my face. I know you better than anyone, Noah Sedita" She said and then walked away, Noah following close behind, threatening her to get back here and opaline what exactly she meant by her words.

That night as I lay in bed I thought about what Jenna had said. Did Noah have feelings for me? I sure hoped he didn't. I knew that was attracted to him, but relationships were hard. Besides what's the point of everything. I would move away in few months anyway and as Noah said, long-distance relationships were a pain.

However, I couldn't neglect the small part of my brain screaming at me to take a chance for once in my life. He made me laugh like no one before. He made me feel something i had never felt before. And i found myself leaning towards the side that was pleading with me to act impulsively.

Was Noah worth it?