Discovered / Chapter One

Start from the beginning

"Get your things, only the necessities

"Get your things, only the necessities... we don't have time to stop, you have caused too much attention," says my 'formerly' known grandfather.

My mother is standing at the door crying, I walk over to give her a warm hug.

She embraces me, wrapping me in her arms.

Her hot tears spread across my face, she whispers, "You be strong, you're stronger than you may ever know, I'm so proud of you." My father comes and joins the group circle, running his hands through my hair. "Make sure you come back," he says. "I will, dad... I promise."

My grandfather stands with a look of contentment.

"When you're ready," he says, interrupting.

I let my parents go and break from their warm embrace.

"When we get to the Village of the Elders, I will have the Motifs send guards to watch over you," says my grandfather to my parents.

The horses are outside strapped with everything we need. My grandfather gets on with ease, I, however, struggle on the tall horse. We take off, moving down the street past the villagers. Mostly all of them keep their heads down, few lookup, but quickly glance away. For where we lived, horses were for the rich citizens of high stature. The guards of Pallion are drunks and did not care for our absence. We passed without trouble, outside the city lay a desolate dirt road to the docks. Grandfather said it's easier to move unseen, we can travel up Scyfis on a boat. We trotted through the forest, I've never left Pallion before and did not know of the whereabouts of Scyfis.

"When we get to Scyfis, let me do the talking. I believe there is a goddess there and she will sense your power. If she does, she will try to get you to use it, but you have no control over your power. Your strength lies within your emotions, so you must remain calm, your very feelings will affect the earth. As a beginner, you are much more potent than most. I've trained many Imperials, half don't make it to the Village of the Elders because they can't control their emotions.

No matter what happens, know that you will be alright, and I will protect you. If you use your power, Akos will stop at nothing till they kill you. Do you understand?"