Chapter Thirty : Loss

Immediately we got into the convenience of the moon world the sight that befell us was shocking.

Right before us hundreds of vampires where attacking innocent creatures of the moon killing them instantly as they made contact with them.

It was really dark so all I could outline was black and blue with forms and figures latching against each other.

Cry of vengeance tore out of the throat of everyone beside me, even I was raging for bloodshed. Immediately I sprung out to fight immediately I was pulled back hardly.

It was darius

"Take her away and make sure she's in the safety room with the others" Darius ordered as he passed me to alpha reddick fleeing from my sight.

"No I can fight! Let me go alpha reddick I can help" I pleaded as he dragged me hardly.

"His.. We are doing this for you, no one wants you hurt. Only the moon goddess has the right of hurting you. Stay and help out, you can get busy in there" he pleaded as he pushed me into the wooden door, locking it as he left.

"Arrgg" I kicked the door in frustration. Ever since he came into this kingdom I had never gone into a real fight, a real war.

The place was occupied with scared mother's and children, injured guards and villagers. Everywhere was just messy and uncomfortable. It felt unbearable I wanted to fight and put those selfish vampires to death but now I needed to tend to the wounds of these helpless people.

"Janel how can I help you with any of these" I asked one of the doctors that I was familiar with.

"Just bring the roll of bandages and cover up their exposed flesh I have already applied methylated spirit on them!" She yelled ordering over the noise in the room. After she pointed the bags I needed to get that contained the rolls she left to attend to the other bed.

"Oh! Thank goodness you came, we were really lacking a helping hand. You did really good with the bandages. Let's just hope all this end soon so we could transfer them to the hospital"

"But why do we need to take them to the hospital, they are supernatural and have high speed in healing am even surprise you have to go through such measures to tend to their wounds"

"Me too! I don't understand why they are all being slow Alexia. I wish most of my equipment where here, your question would have been answered by now"

"Hmmm the vampires might have used something to slow them down"

"They might have"

Suddenly a loud bang was hit on the walls of the room. I and Janel along with the others all flew to the ground from the strong impact thrown at us.

Everyone was yelling and crying for help. Even the guards sent to protect the walls of the room and the people looked less confident on how to handle the situation.

I stood up and quickly ran to the center of the room "Calm down everyone! Reduce your voices. I know everyone is scared right now, even I too. But we have to be Strong, keep yourselves together, give your children's hope, set a good example for them to follow. You all are moon creatures and the moon creatures are fearless! So why do you deduce the value of your kind just because of a stupid attack that we all know the vampires will surely loose, why give them the upper hand upon our case, why do you feed them with our fears! Why don't we kill them with our fearlessness!"

Everyone kept quiet with their rattle and gathered themselves together to hear me speak. Each words I spoke did a great deal to all of them, the fears that once ate up the atmosphere of the large room, slowly reduced till it was finally suffocated with anger,hope and the fearlessness that they where all meant to exhibit from.