Chapter 3

I deeply apologize for not updating, but Chapter 3 has been deleted aka not fully uploaded and saved due to the low memory space on my phone. Been busy with Journalism, and will now try to recall and rewrite this chap.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Oh. My. Gosh. I mentally groaned. It was like at least 89.2 degrees Celsius out here! After the graduation, I figured I’d talk a nice, lovely stroll to shrug him off my mind. It seemed like a great idea at that time. Yeah well, not anymore.

I shivered in my after-graduation outfit, which was absolutely not the best outfit I had in mind. It was a daisy crop top, with high waist shorts, and my cream laced cardigan. At least I was smart enough to wear my shoes with thick soles. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to conserve some body heat as my feet stumbled after each other.

In case you were wondering, it’s about 10pm right now, and here I was, stupidly making my path down empty dark streets that seemed to never end. The road just kept going on and on, lifeless and dull, all empty and razed in some sort of way. I ignored the headlights of a car, assuming it stopped at the traffic light. But then I realized that it had stopped. I felt panicky again, my legs shaking as I saw the window of the passenger seat roll down.

“Get in the car.” I couldn’t see what the person looked like, but I recognized the voice as a male’s. The dim streetlight shone just right for me to see the stranger’s face.

“Excuse me, I am not getting in the car with you.” I tried to keep on a glare, keeping my voice stern to avoid showing any signs of fear as it might allow him to see me as an easy target to hit on.

“Get in the f car b.” he growled, flames flaring in his eyes. His voice had that kind of power that could hypnotize you into whatever he commanded you to do. I still refused to obey him, knowing if I allowed myself to be kidnapped it would mean more than just stealing my money and valuables.

 I crossed my arms and continued to walk on. Thinking he was finally gone, I let out a sigh and stopped to thank God that I was okay. That is, until I felt strong arms wrapped around me, a damp cloth shoved in my face.

ASH’S POV

“Kaitlin? Kait? Cupcake where are yoooouuuuu?”I yelled, cupping my mouth as I dragged out the last word. We were playing a game of hide ‘n seek and unfortunately for me, that kid was very good at this game. I didn’t have any clue on where she could be hiding.

“Kaitlin come out!” I heard giggles run behind me, disappearing up the stairs. Jeez this kid. I rolled my eyes and pretended to not know where she disappeared. Going up the stairs, my phone rang and I held it up to my ear.

“Irwin speaking.” My voice mumbled in the voice as I looked in the hallway closet.