Waking up again?

Landon's POV

I woke up gasping for air clutching my chest. 'Where in hell am I' I think as I look around my apartment in astonishment. 'I should be dead now. I was torn apart by those zombies, so why I back in my apartment?' I thought. I look over on my bed side table and grab my phone that was charging it reads: 8:45 pm March 21, 20XX.

What is going on? Was I suddenly thrown back in time? It's a whole 2 years before 'the end of the world.' Maybe everything was just a dream, maybe there won't be an apocalypse, but maybe there will be.

Well in the 'dream' when the apocalypse started I was reading a cook book thinking about what to eat when an astroid hit and that was only the beginning of the end.

After the astroid hit it began getting warmer and warmer, most people thought nothing of it because summer was approaching, people began to get sick with scorching fevers and had to be hospitalized. Those who got sick stayed sick no matter what the doctors tried they just worse and worse. Then there was an eclipse it block the whole sun and it was pitch black for two days. In those days most everyone closed up their shops and the people sick with the fever died, but then they suddenly got up and started attacking their loved ones' bitting chunks of flesh off of them.

The doctors and nurses didn't know what to do so they tried to restrain the patients as best they could and the loved ones of the patients got treated for their flesh wounds and left the hospital. How could the doctors and nurses know that they just let infected people walk out to infect the rest of the world? To be fair to the doctors they probably weren't the only people to blame for letting the 'sick' go. Some of the 'sick' might have stayed home thinking they could get over a little cold by themselves. After a few days is when the world really went to sh*t. After surviving the beginning of the apocalypse for half a year people noticed that the zombies started to evolve along with the animals. The plants mutated and started to taste terrible and the water became undrinkable.

A little after that the people stated to evolve too they could finally be able to survive too. They got elemental powers for earth, fire, water, air, light, space along with other special types of powers that where rare. There is always of course the off chance someone will develop a random unknown power or special but the chances seem astronomical and would happen to only a handful of people. Fire was the most common of the abilities but it's was the must powerful in terms of how to deal with zombies. Then came air, earth, water, light, and finally space.

With the fire ability they could of course burn the zombies to nothing leavening nothing but the nucleus that would help them 'level up'. Air was also useful in dealing with zombies because they could use and air blade to efficiently cut off the zombies head, unlike earth that was better because they had both an offense and a defense they could make things like earth needles and earth walls.

Water was one of the more desired abilities, because the water ways and wells where all contaminated later on during the apocalypse people with the water ability could purify the water and could make water if there was nothing around but they couldn't use there abilities to harm anything or to protect themselves so teams of stronger people would take water users in and protect them in exchange for water.

Light ability users could use there ability to heal people and even heal people who had been bitten or scratched by a zombie. In doing so person bitten/scratched would turn into a half zombie and being able to turn into a half zombie was very rare so not many people would survive even if they where healed by a light user. Being a half zombie meant that they no longer had to fear lower class zombies and provided a physical strength boost. In my years of being alive there where only two people who had survived the process.

The most rare of the 'common' abilities was the space ability users they could stores things in there space some users where like a walking safe they could store a lot of things and unless someone saw them put things in their space no one knew they had an ability. The things that they stored always stayed fresh and never spoiled but this was discovered after all of the non mutated planets where eaten or expired.