Chapter 35

My heart hammers and my palms sweat, my vision becomes blurry and I gasp for air.

"El!" I hear my name being called but I can't respond, I can't see! I need air. Air. I stumble to the door and swing it open, stepping out into the warm summer's morning. Hollow breaths and heart hammering, I stagger out further.

"Noey!" Grayson this time, he grabs me and pulls me to the floor with him. "Deep breaths."

"I... can't..." I breathe out.

"Someone get Archie on the phone!" He snaps and I hear Tom stumbling for his phone and calling Archie.

"Tom, how may I help?" Archie's voice sounds from what I presume is the phone.

"Panic attack, what can we do, she won't stop!" His voice is worried.

Not my fault, of course it would happen today of all bloody days.

"Well I'm on my way to the courthouse now, it's passed your house, that's if you're there. I can stop off and help."

"Thanks Archie," Flynn says this time, he's by the door, I can tell by his voice.

Just the mention of courthouse makes me panic more.

Guilty, guilty, guilty!

Tears spring to my vision, why not? Add in me blacking out and make it a real treat. If I wasn't panicking I would've laughed at my sarcastic remark in my mind.

Grayson brings me into his lap, I sit sideways so my left side is in his chest. He cradles me and softly speaks to me. All boys here make me feel safe but at the moment, it's not making me calm. Bandit barks and pushes himself to me, licking at my face, it helps until he stops and runs off barking at a bird.

I hear a car roll up and a door close.

"Noelle, look at me." Archie.

I frantically look around and my eyes land on his, he's in front of me. He breathes in and out.

"Copy me."

"I can't," I'm getting dizzy, light headed. "I think... I'm going to... pass out..."

"Someone get some water!" He yells. "You're not going to pass out, just copy me."

I slow my breathing as much as I can, it's still not in rhythm with his slower breaths but it has subsided.

"Try and get her to stop breathing, it might help," Tom says as he throws the water bottle to Grayson.

"Good idea Tom," Archie says.

Grayson moves my head to look at him, he smiles and pushes his lips into mine. For God's sake, he's good.

He pulls apart and my breathing has almost gone back to normal.

"Copy me a bit more Noelle." I draw my attention back to Archie and copy him, my breathing finally becomes normal.

"Thanks, Grace, thanks Archie." I smile and Grayson gives me the water, I take a sip.

I lay my head back against Grayson, closing my eyes for a short while and taking a quick nap.

After a while I feel someone nudge me, "Are you guys ready to go? It starts in half an hour." Archie stands up, he's in a dark blue suit with a red tie, he makes his way to his car.

I flinch at his question and Flynn helps me up off of Grayson. I pick up Bandit and kiss his nose, giving him a light squeeze and throw his toy for him inside before closing the door.