Chapter 6- Partners

Sean gets to Billy's Bar. He goes inside. Sean finds Lieutenant Mark Fischbach and his daughter Y/N.

Sean: Lieutenant and Detective Fischbach, my name is Sean. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. I looked for you 2 at the station but nobody knew where you 2 were. They said you 2 were probably having a drink nearby. I was lucky to find you 2 at the fifth bar.

Mark: What do you want?

Sean: You 2 were assigned a case early this evening. A homicide, involving a CyberLife android. In accordance with procedure, the company has allocated a specialized model to assist investigators.

Y/N: Well, we don't need any assistance. Specially not from a plastic asshole like you. So just be a good lil' robot and get the fuck outta here.

Sean tries to be understanding with Mark and Y/N.

Sean: I understand that some people are not comfortable in the presence of androids but I am-

Mark: We are perfectly comfortable... Now back off, before I crush you like an empty beer can!

Sean buys Mark and Y/N another drink.

Sean: You know what? I'll buy you 2 one for the road. What do you 2 say? Bartender, the same again, please!

Y/N: See that Billy? Wonders of technology... Make it a double. Did you say homicide?

Once Sean, Y/N, and Mark get to the crime scene.

Mark: You wait here. We won't be long.

Sean tries to be diplomatic with Mark and Y/N.

Sean: My instructions are to accompany you 2 to the crime scene, Lieutenant and Detective.

Y/N: Listen, we don't give a fuck about your instructions. We told you to wait here, so you shut the fuck up and you wait here.

Journalist: Joss Douglas, for Channel 16. Can you confirm that this is a homicide?

Mark: I'm not confirming anything.

Sean follows Mark and Y/N.

Police android: Androids are not permitted beyond this point.

Y/N: It's with us. What part of 'stay in the car' didn't you understand?

Sean: Your order contradicted my instructions, Lieutenant and Detective.

Mark: You don't talk, you don't touch anything and you stay outta our way, got it?

Sean: Got it.

Franklin: Evening, Mark and Y/N. We were starting to think you 2 weren't gonna show...

Y/N: Yeah, that was the plan until this asshole found us.

Franklin: So... you 2 got yourselves an android, huh?

Mark: Oh, very funny. Just tell us what happened.

Franklin: We had a call around eight from the landlord. The tenant hadn't paid his rent for a few months, so he thought he'd drop by, see what was going on... That's when he found the body... Jesus, that smell! Was even worse before we opened the windows...The victim's name's Asriel Dreemur. He has a record for theft and aggravated assault... According to the neighbors, he was kind of a loner... Stayed inside most of the time, they hardly ever saw him.

Y/N: Uh, state he's in... Wasn't worth calling everybody out in the middle of the night... Could've waited 'til morning.

Franklin: I'd say he's been there for a good three weeks. We'll know more when the coroner gets here. There's a kitchen knife over here... Probably the murder weapon...

Mark: Any sign of a break-in?

Franklin: Nope... The landlord said the front door was locked from the inside, all the windows were boarded up. The killer must've gone out the back way.

Y/N: What do we know about his android?

Franklin: Not much. The neighbors confirmed he had one, but it wasn't here when we arrived... I gotta get some air. Make yourselves at home. I'll be outside if you need me.

Sean takes a blood sample. He does this by licking the blood.

Mark and Y/N: Err, Jesus ! What the hell are you doing?

Sean: I'm analyzing the blood. I can check samples in real time. I'm sorry, I should have warned you 2...

Mark: Ok, just...don't...put anymore evidence in your mouth, you got it?

Sean: Got it.

Y/N: Fucking hell, we can't believe this shit...

Sean analyzes the victim's body.

Sean: He was stabbed 28 times.

Mark: Yeah, seems like the killer really had it in for him.

Sean looks at the garden.

Y/N: Door was locked from the inside. 'Killer must've gone out this way...

Sean: There are no footprints, apart from officer Collins' size 10 shoes.

Mark: Well, this happened weeks ago. Tracks could've faded.

Sean: No, this type of soil would've retained a trace. Nobody's been out here for a long time.

After Sean investigates everywhere. He knows what happened.

Sean: Lieutenant and Detective, I think I've figured out what happened.

Mark: Oh yeah? Shoot. We're all ears.

Sean: It all started......in the kitchen.

Y/N: There're obvious signs of a struggle... The question is, what exactly happened here...

Sean: I think the victim attacked the android......with the bat.

Mark: That lines up with the evidence... Go on.

Sean: The android stabbed the victim.

Y/N: So the android was trying to defend itself, right?.. Okay, then what happened?

Sean: The victim fled to......the living room.

Mark: And he tried to get away from the android... All right, that makes sense...

Sean: The android murdered the victim.....with the knife.

Y/N: Ok, your theory's not totally ridiculous... but it doesn't tell us where the android went.

Sean: It was damaged by the bat... and lost some Thirium...

Mark: Lost some what?

Sean: Thirium. You call it "Blue Blood". It's the fluid that powers androids' biocomponents. It evaporates after a few hours and becomes invisible to the naked eye.

Y/N: Oh... But I bet you can still see it, can't you?

Sean: Correct.

Mark: Yeah...

Sean takes the chair to go up to the attic.

Y/N: Hey! Hey! Hey! What are you doin' with that chair?

Sean: I'm going to check something.

Mark: Huh...gonna check something.

Once Sean finds the android.

Deviant: I was just defending myself... He was gonna kill me... I'm begging you... Don't tell them.

Y/N: Sean, what the fuck is going on up there?

Sean: It's here, Lieutenant and Detective!

Mark: Holy shit... Chris, Franklin, get your asses in here now. Come on!