anonymous ; epilogue

"So, Chienne, how's your third month as our CEO in Japan?" Asked mom, and I smiled.

Ever since I became the CEO, they started treating me like their child, not just their employee or something. To be honest, masaya ako. Pero siyempre, marami ring bagay na kaakibat ng saya na to. I had to be apart with people I love and care for, nang hindi nila nalalaman. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung nandyan pa ba sila kung babalikan ko man sila ngayon.

But I hope. And I believe.

"It's going pretty great, mom. I struck a pretty great deal with one good company here and they wanted to talk to you so I am taking them there right now to Korea." Sabi ko, and mom chuckled.

"That's great. And it's good to see you, too after three months. We raised a good child," sabi ni mom, making me smile. "What time will you arrive, then?"

I halted, and then the people behind me did as well. I checked my wristwatch, and then sighed.

"Probably in two to two and a half hours. Don't expect much. Anyway, we'll be leaving now. Nasa harapan na namin yung private jet, and yeah. You know the drill," sabi ko, and then I heard her hum.

"Yes. Be safe, I'll give you a reward once you set foot here," sabi niya, and I smiled.

Inend na niya yung call at pinunta ko na sa airplane mode yung phone ko. I turned off my phone and then placed it inside my bag. I bought a new phone after they took mine three months ago, so I really didn't have the chance to catch up with my friends and of course... Joon.

Kamusta na kaya sila? E si Joon? I know... maybe I did hurt him because of this. But, is he willing to take me back if I ever come back? The question here is, does he still love me the way I do love him, still?

I shook my head, shaking away ridiculous thoughts. There was no way he would still be in love with me. I left him. With no sign at all. God knows I've been missing him, but did he miss me? Does he think I'm a bad person?

I hope not.

Hinihintay na namin ngayon yung pagdating nung susundo sa amin at hahatid sa amin papunta sa Korea Branch ng company. Hindi ko alam kung anong oras kami makakarating, but I have Maureen here right now with me for some reason. Siya kasi yung reason kung paano ko nakilala yung mga possible na makadeal namin ngayon.

Maureen stood next to me, checking her wristwatch from time to time. May pupuntahan daw siya ngayon but I never asked. It's not my business anyway.

"Hey, andyan na yung sundo ninyo. I have to go, too. Good luck on this, Chienne." Sabi ni Maureen, at bago pa ako makaalis ay umalis na siya.

Tinignan ko naman yung mga clients/future business partners namin, and then smiled at them. I gestured for them to go inside the car, kaya naman ay pumasok na sila. I sat with them at the backseat habang hinihintay ko na makarating kami sa company.

"So, you are saying that you just graduated from law school this year?" Asked the Japanese business man, and I nodded.

"Yes, sir. And I am making sure that you will never regret doing business with me. That's the plan," I said, and they chuckled.

"I like how you aren't nervous about this deal. Anxious balls aren't my cup of tea. Anyway, what is your relationship with the main ceo of your business?" Asked the man, and I smiled.

"She's... my mother," I said, and then they slowly nodded.

The car halted, and I realized na nandito na pala kami. Binuksan na yung car door and nagsibabaan na kami. There were employees na nagbobow sa amin and nag escort sa amin sa loob, in which I am thankful for.