The Hindu Gods

Unlike the Greeks, the Hindu gods all do not have an element. some of them are like God-capital G God.

Here is a list of some of the gods (there are over 33 million so I wont list all of them, 20 or so.)

There are also some incarnations that are there as well, and allies that were made immortal.

Male Gods

Brahma-The Creator

Vishnu-The equivalent of God "capital G"

Shiva- The equivalent of God "capital G"

Ganesha- He is the elephant headed child of Parvati and Shiva. He is the god of beginnings, victory, success, and strategy. He is extremely powerful. Everytime you pray, he is always first.

Murugan-The general of the gods, son of Shiva and Parvati. He can do anything, but he stays in his limits. More of fighting. He is very noble, very just, and is not war crazy.

Hanuman-The god of the wild. He is a giant monkey, his strength comes from his devotion of Ram. He is the son of a king (who was a monkey) and a human princess (Anjali). Vayu (god of wind) is his patron.

He was born as an avatar of Shiva, but his sole purpose in life was his idol, Ram. He is a huge devotee of Ram. He is incredibly powerful, noble, and just. His hunger is insatiable, and his heart is gold. He bested some of the most powerful gods when he was a mere 2 months old, and he swallowed the sun.

Ram- Ram is an avatar of Vishnu. Whenever there is a cruel entity doing a lot of harm to a lot of people, many of the gods take an avatar. Ram has all the abilities of a human, and he is an excellent archer, and he is immortal. He led the war against a horrible demon king who kidnapped his wife.

Krishna- Krishna is another avatar of Vishnu. Krishna is capital "G" god. He has all the qualities of a god, but acts like a child. He enjoys playing his flute and causing mischief. Although people dislike his mischievous deeds, they cannot live without them either.  His mere presence puts people at ease and exudes peace. Krishna has unimaginable power, but he never uses it out of showing off, he does it whenever it is needed or he is happy and someone does something kind.

Once, a mango seller came by to his palace (he was a prince) when he was about 2 years old. He went and asked for a mango. The vendor lady said she would give him some if he got some rice. He went inside and picked up some in his hands, but most of it fell out, and all that was left was a few grains. The vendor lady gave him some anyway, and when she looked into her basket, all the mangoes were replaced with gold and priceless gems.

Indra: The Zeus of Hinduism. God of the skies, really egotistical, giant drama queen, doesn't like it when things go his way. First to accuse, but also first to take action.

Agni: God of Fire, he knows how use full he is, but he also knows his limits.

Chandra: God of the Moon.

Aditya/Ravi/Surya: God of the Sun. He does not like it when people interfere with the sun, but he knows when to back down. He used to be thinking himself as all high and mighty, but Shiva humbled him when Hanuman (a mere child) swallowed him.

Vayu: The god of the winds and the air. He is pretty chill, but don't get on his bad side. Once, Hanuman was injured badly by Indra, and he took away all the air in the atmosphere away from the humans.

Varun: The god of water. He is a huge Vishnu devotee and obeys his every order.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

THE GODDESSES WILL COME LATER. THERE ARE SO MANY AND ALL OF THEM ARE SUPER POWERFUL AND EPIC. I WILL LIST THE MAIN ONES. ALSO IN HINDU MYTHOLOGY, ALTHOUGH VISHNU IS THE 'GREAT ONE,' HE IS NO MATCH FOR A MOTHER.