Clingy morning

(Morning comes and the birds outside start to do their job in waking up the sleepy couple. Eun unwillingly opens one eye and sees that the room is already bright. His arm feels a bit numb so he tries to move it to a more comfortable position, only to find that Soondeok's there, still in his embrace)

'You didn't move at all last night did you, our kitten?'

(As if she's heard him, Soondeok snuggles closer and rests her face on his chest, making that tired groan Eun loves but rarely hears. Eun takes his own time admiring his wife, her hair, her face, her neck...everything about her is perfect. Absolutely flawless. After a while, Eun kisses her hair and pats her bare shoulder, trying to wake her up.)

'Honey. Good morning~ Rise and shine~'

'Mmm...quiet...'

'Deok ah. Wake up. Aren't you hungry?'

'Five more minutes...'

'You're going to leave your poor husband like this, huh?'

(Soondeok scrunches up her face as she relunctantly looks up at Eun then rolls to the other side of the bed and continues sleeping, not showing a sign of care to her husband at all. Eun grins then gives her a back hug as he tenderly kisses the back of her neck. He loves it when Soondeok just lets him hug her for as much as he wants after a tiring night – with nothing in between them, a warmth that's unique. Just then, the maids arrive with their breakfast, Eun quickly pulls the blanket over to cover themselves before allowing their entrance.)

'Greetings to Your Royal Highness and My Lady.'

(The maids bow as they did their morning greeting and bring in their breakfast, setting the dishes carefully on the table as they have done so every single day for the past couple of years. Soondeok covers her mouth secretly the moment she smells the what would've been their delicious breakfast.)

'Honey, you alright?'

(Eun whispers. Soondeok can't hold it in anymore, she wraps the blanket around herself and speeds toward the window, feeling like she's about to empty her stomach there and then.)

'YA! Deok ah!'

(Luckily, Eun was quick in covering himself with a pillow before the maids turn around to see what's going on.)

'WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT? TURN AROUND!'

(The maids turned their backs toward the prince immediately)

'My wife is having morning sickness, can't you guys see? Take the food away this very instant!'

'But, Your Highness-'

'From now on, we'll be eating in the dining room, understand? Hurry up and leave!'

'Yes, Your Highness!'

(The maids hurried with their task of putting the dishes back onto the tray and left the room with their untouched breakfast without another word. At last, the door shuts.)

'Ya. Deok ah! You can't just grab the blanket and leave the bed when your husband's still naked! You mad? I know you want to impress them with your perfect acting but this is too much!'

(Soondeok doesn't give a response, she's been hanging there, head outside the window, taking deep breaths. Eun grabs his pants from the floor, puts it on hastily and hurries over to his wife.)

'Soondeok ah, you alright? I thought you were, you know, acting... Are you actually feeling unwell? I mean...do we need to call the doctor?'

'No! I'm fine. Just fine. Don't worry about me. It's...acting.'