11. The Beginning

Jimin stuffed another chocolate chip into his mouth as he read over the papers in his hand

"What are we going to do with all these boxes?" Taehyung sighed, opening another one of the girl scouts' cookies that Jimin had just purchased that afternoon.

"Eat them? Duh," he held his hand out for Taehyung to put some into it.

"You know, when they show up at your door, you don't need to buy any off them. Or at least this many," He raised his arms at the fifty two boxes left stacked next to the couch.

"Yeah but she looked so sad, Tae you have no idea."

He had the urge to knock him on the head, but refrained, "Anyway how's the Microsoft deal going? Are they going to accept our offer?"

"Looks like they want to but don't have enough money to keep up their end of the contract, boss, I think we're going to have to let this one go."

"Wait, see if we can make a new deal, lowering both our prices, and if not then I guess we will have to drop it. Which would be unfortunate for them I guess."

"Tae?" Jimin asked, looking over hi cookie at his best friend, "Can we go racing tonight?"

That was Jimin's favourite hobby. Feeling the wind blow through his hair when he had the windows down as he zoomed around the abandoned streets during dusk.

"Not tonight Jimin, there's some work that I'm trying to finish as soon as possible."

"Work? What work? Can I help?"

Taehyung shook his head, silver eyes turning almost black. "Not today man. I'm doing this alone.

--

His eyes were trained to the resumes in his hands, flipping through them and examining their qualifications for the fourth time that morning. These two people had passed seven previous stages before this to be his secretary and this was the final one. In every other round of applicants, no one had been able to reach this level and he had liked it that way. If he were to meet someone new, he would rather never see them again.

The knock at the door was abrupt and Taehyung dropped the papers in his hands as he looked up to see an HR team member popping their head through.

"They're here to see you," he said firmly and Taehyung lay back in his seat on impulse, hands pulled into his pockets and sent a curt nod to him before swiveling his seat around so that he was looking out of his window and his back was to the man, indicating for him to let them enter.

"Hello sir," the first - a male - said. Upon hearing his voice, Taehyung let out a sigh of relief. Even though he had seen the resumes, when he heard it in reality it made him more assured. And he already knew who was going to win the position.

But when he turned around to tell the other candidate - the woman - that she was unsuccessful, he froze. His eyes met hers and suddenly everything around him ceased to exist. She blinked back at him, her eyes void of any kind of emotion. Those eyes of his favourite Glengoyne whiskey, and he stood there, drinking them in. Swirling them in his glass and making sure he could examine every inch of it.

That was when he had to tell the male secretary to leave right away, because he had already chosen the person for the position. All while his eyes never left hers.

Her gaze never faltered from his, however. Much like he thought it would, because he had never come across someone of the opposite sex who could hold eye contact for this long with him without turning into a blushing mess. 

He would never admit it then, but that's when she pulled him in.