ii

Ji Ah got what she was expecting.

They shoved her out of the car, and she was walked up to the entrance to the mansion. The entrance was lengthy and surrounded by hedges and fountains, which circled around to lead up to the front door of the mansion. Multiple steeples towered over the rooftop, and the house overall looked like a modern gothic castle.

"Impressed?" Asked the unknown member, wiggling his eyebrows as she gaped at the sight. He forcefully wrapped his arm around her shoulders, nearly dragging her to the door.

"Yeah," she whispered.

Ji Ah's hands trembled as she felt the presence of the other three behind her, following her closely like shadows.

When they reached the door, Tao had stepped in front to open it, but hesitated, looking back at Ji Ah. After a moment of quiet contemplation, he turned the knob, letting the door fall open.

"Junmyeon!" Tao shouted, stepping aside for the others.

Almost immediately, a man appeared ahead, walking down a spiral staircase and chuckling to himself. He wore black heeled boots, pants, and a denim jacket rolled up to his elbows. "Show a little more respect for me, you lil' sh-"

He paused, glancing at Ji Ah. Ji Ah froze, finding herself unable to stare him down. She instead directed her gaze to the marble flooring.

"Who's this?" The man asked, reaching the bottom step and strolling up to the group. "She's not another one of Jongdae's toys, is she?"

Baekhyun snorted. "No. Definitely not."

"Then why's she here?" The stranger questioned, gazing into Ji Ah's eyes.

"She's a licensed doctor who happened to witness today's hit. We thought we could use her, Junmyeon-hyung."

Junmyeon looked her up and down, and Ji Ah flinched at the silence. He rested his hand underneath her chin, turning her face side to side. She had to bite her tongue to keep from flinching.

"Why didn't you just kill her? We're doing... okay on our own," Junmyeon said--not very convincingly--turning to Baekhyun, Tao, Kyungsoo, and the other member.

"She just wormed her way into our hearts, Junmyeon," sighed the other, sliding his arms around Baekhyun and Tao in a carefree gesture. "There wasn't much we could do in defense."

Ji Ah rolled her eyes.

"Shut up Chanyeol." Baekhyun grunted, brushing Chanyeol's arm off.

The group waited for Junmyeon's approval.

The leader let out a huff before waving them off. "Lets just hope she's of some use. Keep her upstairs."

The boys took that as some sort of confirmation, as they started pulling Ji Ah away from Junmyeon and towards the stairs.

Her muscles tensed as they gripped her, forcefully guiding her up the staircase. As they got closer to the second floor, Ji Ah could hear music blaring.

"Where's Minseok and everyone else?" Yelled Baekhyun, stopping the whole group at the top of the stairs.

"Why would I know?" Junmyeon yelled back.

"'Cause you're the leader!"

Junmyeon sighed. "Just follow the sound of whatever music they're blaring right now."

Baekhyun laughed at that response, and the others chuckled with him. They kept walking.

There was rap music was coming from the end of a hallway on their right, and it was muffled by a large, wooden door.