Chapter 9

Every since yesterday, Kyo had not spoken to Aria about what Ayame said and it frankly was driving him crazy.

He tried to catch her when she got home, on the way to school and even on the roof but it seemed that she was avoiding him for some reason.

Yuki on the other hand was seeing her everywhere and it was driving him equally crazy.

Part of him wanted to confront her about what Aya was accusing that time in his store, but he also knew that it would be rather pointless. She wouldn't give him an answer.

The rat eyed her from the window of the student council office. Rain hit the edge of the glass ever so slightly and he sighed, knowing that Kyo would be irritable today from it.

-------------------

Kyo put his hands in his pockets, grumbling at the fact he forgot to bring an umbrella again. It wasn't supposed to rain today, so what was this about?

Drops poured down his face and he silently wished he wasn't like a cat, annoyed by such a little thing like cloudy grey days.

Suddenly, the drops stopped and he looked up to find a black umbrella blocking his view of the sky, and a small voice. "You okay Kyo?"

Turning, he found Aria smiling at him sweetly, her hand extended so that he was covered instead of her. "What are you doing?"

She shrugged and pushed the object onto him. "Making sure you don't drown. I heard you aren't the best in the rain."

Not understanding his point, Kyo grumbled and grabbed the handle of the umbrella, pushing it back over her. "No, I meant why are you doing that? Worry about yourself first, will you? You'll catch a cold like that"

Blinking a couple times, she wasn't expecting that and answered. "Then, we can just share."

Pushing it back to him, Aria took a step closer until they were only a few inches apart. He seemed rather frazzled at this. "Whaa are you doing?"

She smiled again and Kyo couldn't help but blush at her actions. Then, he remembered what Ayame said. "There was something I wanted to talk you about."

Turning her head in confusion, Aria answered. "What is it?"

Kyo coughed a couple times in embarrassment and continued. "You know, about what Ayame said yesterday. Was that true?"

He watched as her eyes widened in realization of what he was asking her and suddenly went quiet. He was asking if she still a crush on him.

She looked behind her then and paced the umbrella down to hide, her face from wondering eyes, Aria didn't answer. It was certainly odd.

Kyo noticed this and tried to backstep. "It's not like I mean anything bad by it or anything. I guess I was just asking."

But even still, Aria didn't reply which made him nervous. Did he say something bad?

Just then, she turned and lifted her head towards the direction of the house as if to say, let's go.

He had no idea why she wasn't answering him but had no choice but follow her back, unsure if he said anything stupid to offended her or not.

Unseen from the two, a hidden girl tightened her hand around her own umbrella and looking at the couple with uncertain eyes. Who was that girl with Kyo?

----------------------------

When they reached the house, Kyo turned to Aria in a fit of bravery and relied his feelings. "Listen, if I said anything bad back there then, just tell me."