thirty - two

the next morning i don't go to school. i didn't want to face the people. i grab my phone and click on the messages baekhyun sent. they were spam messages of, are you leaving me? please don't leave me.

i don't bother replying and call kyungsoo. the phone rings for awhile, "the person you're calling right now is not available-" i groan and click end. curse kyungsoo for never having his ringer on. if he's dead right now- i jump when the phone rings. an unsaved number was calling.

i pick up, "sooah." chills ran down my spine. the voice was breathy and deep. "what." i curtly say. "run." the voice screeches. what kind of prank call is this. i hang up and change out of my pajamas.

i grab my reusable bag, money, and charger before leaving the house. the sun was shining, wind cooling the humid air. i listen to music bopping my head slightly as i walk to my favorite cafe.

my hair breezes behind me freely. i skip while smiling, i loved how empty the streets were when everyone was at work and school. someone grips my shoulder tightly, turning me around. i stumble trying to find my balance. "sooah turn your music lower so you can hear me." baekhyun pants.

i take one earbud out and look down at him. he hangs down, hands on his knees, "let me catch my breath first." i look at him amused. after catching his breath a bit he looks up, "how do you walk that fast?" i shrug my shoulders. "where are you going? aren't you supposed to be at school?" "you already know i don't like showing up to school." "you seem like such a good child though." he laughs.

child? is that how he sees me? isn't he a pervert then? "i was going to ask if you wanted to hang out with my friends. we're going speed racing." he smiles. "work friends? or friends like jaehyun..." i mumble. "my work friends." i grab his hand and smile, "let's go then."