Part 7

You and Peter knock on the front door of the compound. Steve opens the door letting you both in. You hang back, staying closer to the door. Cautiously you back into the wall but clearly it wasn't carefully enough and you knock over a vase with a plant in it. It crashes to the ground, the sound of it shattering echoing throughout the room. The sound draws all eyes to you and you shrink under their gazes, feeling exposed.

"Sorry! I'll clean up right away" you say quickly as you start to pick up the pieces of broken glass.

"Leave it. The robots will do it." A shaky and breathless voice says from across the room.

"Are you sure? It's no problem," you quickly say looking down at the porcelain shards at your feet.

"Just leave it." The voice says, now louder than before. You look up and see Tony Stark. He looks at you, scanning you top to bottom. "So you're the kid who brought Peter back to life?" He asks.

You can feel your face getting hot from his scrutinizing gaze. "Uhhh... What do you mean? He kinda just appeared in my room?" Your brows furrowed, "Right?"

"Yeah. Right. Peter said you'll be staying with us for... why was she staying with us again?" Tony asks looking at Peter.

"For... protection. She will be staying with us for protection." You nod confirming what he said.

"Well welcome to Avengers compound Y/N," Steve says.

"Glad to be here, I guess," you shake his hand, "considering the circumstances."

He nods in understanding before gesturing to the spiderboy. "So Peter will show you to your room and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask one of us." He gives you a warm smile before leading everyone but Peter out of the room. Out of the corner of your eye you see Tony linger in the doorway before shaking his head and following them out.

You turn back to Peter, a nervous smile on your lips. He stares back with a smile on his face and a blush covers your features. "Peter?"

He seems to snap out of his daze, his face now mirroring yours before he looks away and motions for you to follow him to the dormitory hallway. He basically skips down the hall before stopping at a door. "This is going to be your room, it's right across from mine, you know, so if you need anything you can ask me." You thank him and turn to your door. You push twist the knob but a voice cuts through the silent hallway.

"And if you wanted, I could give you a tour of the place. I know from experience how hard it can be to get lost here." His smile turns bashful as he breaks eye contact with you.

Your grin grows and you nod, "Yeah, I'd like that a lot."