The Man in The Shadows

Within an hour, almost everyone was gone. I pulled myself, forcefully into the room, feeling like an emotional wreck. Almost like someone had just ran over me. I changed quickly, knowing that anytime soon, I'd be sound asleep. I drifted off to sleep, and as soon as that happened, visions poured in. This time, I wasn't going to fight it. I'd let it happen.

"Maci Elizabeth, stay there." My grandma said as I hid under the bed, I was just 12 and all I wanted, was to go to her old house, after my grandfather passed, the house was only a memory. We stayed there for a few days, the second day, I begged for another night. We did, and in the middle of the night, we heard the door downstairs open. She grabbed something, and hid me under the bed at an old hide out. I heard some bangs and screams, after that, I heard nothing. They never came back, nor did they find me. Eventually, someone came out, and found me. After that, I shut myself off from the world, my family was gone. My parents were working most of the time. I barely got to see them, and when I did it was all about school. Four months later, we moved to Mulligar my freshman year. It was a home to me, when I was younger. One guy could see right through me the most. He knew when I was nervous, happy, and scared. It gave him an adriniline rush. The satisfaction of knowing he scared me, he too that to his soul and that's when Niall became my bully. In the middle of freshman year, it got so bad, I started cutting. Once a teacher seen I stopped, and cut where people couldn't see. When I did that, the pain was gone, no one worried, nothing. When it started to get to where I did it everyday, I'd just move away from everyone into my own world. The long nights of crying continued. The thoughts of losing the people I loved, the cutting everything scared me. I finally came to the conclusion, I was alone. When I turned 16 I decided enough was enough. I packed my things, and moved out into my own flat. I couldn't deal with my Dad anymore, not his controlling ways or anything. He would try to take away anything that made me happy.

Finally waking up from the re-occurring dream I knew. I knew exactly what Niall was hiding me from. I now knew who really haunted my dreams. Who laid in the place of my feelings, he knew my weak spots. He was always my last hope, my rock, but most of all, the person who caused me the most pain.