Crime of Rejection; one

I really, really like you

Fifteen-year old Lee Donghyuck is outside, in the school courtyard, where literally anyone can pass by at this given moment of time and catch them— him and his crush, Kim Sungkyung, popular girl and kind-hearted soul, also known as Lami.

Sungkyung was silent.

The whole courtyard was silent, and it set Donghyuck off into a nervous breakdown, which really, really is unwanted and not the right time, because first of all, he wanted to look cool, and not the nervous, wimpy first-year back then when he made the wrong impression on Sungkyung by pushing her into the fountain.

He was just blessed that Kim Sungkyung, was an angel sent from heavens and brushed the event off with a cute laugh that sent Donghyuck's heart racing and his cheeks tinging.

“I- Donghyuck, that's really sweet of you.”

Oh no, he already knows where this was going to end, he's heard it countless of times, it always ends up with Lami turning them down. In the nicest way of course. To be expected of SM University's valedictorian.

Donghyuck fidgets, his fingers coming down to his sleeves, tugging at it out of sheer nervousness, like a convicted prisoner, waiting for the final judgement, waiting for the swing of the executioner.

The painful blow of rejection.

It was a force of habit for Donghyuck's mind to wander and his hands to play with whatever makes him feel grounded.

That is, until Sungkyung's hands grasped his, pulling them towards her.

To stop him.

Donghyuck's face bloomed red and he was utterly mortified. His gaze dropped to the grass beneath her shiny shoes, and tried to take his mind off of how soft and warm Sungkyung's hands are. He tried to think of anything but her hands. Her hands that were rubbing soothing circles into the skin. Her hands that Donghyuck has spent countless nights imagining them intertwined with his.

Because if anything, Lee Donghyuck, was a helpless romantic.

Sungkyung leaned closer, her actions making Donghyuck do the same. He was a fool for the girl. Probably still is.

She leaned as though she is just going to tell Donghyuck a secret, like they are close friends, nothing more. They used to be though. Until this very day.

The day where it decides how their interactions are going to change.

“It's very nice of you, Hyuckie. But I can't accept this. I thought you'd have caught on by now” Sungkyung sounded disappointed.

Like she was saddened by the fact that Donghyuck hadn't figured out her secret. Sungkyung brushed back her hair that fell past her shoulders stubbornly, but in a way that still made her pretty. Her eyes, dark brown, a common eye color but Donghyuck couldn't help but be drawn to them.

They are trained upon him, gaze kind and understanding. 

“I... I thought you should know. Just thought–or rather hoped that I could get rid of this feeling. I hope it didn't affect you so much Lami” Donghyuck spoke in a rush, his throat closing up horribly at the lie he spoke.

Sungkyung relaxed, her posture at ease and she threw her beautiful head back, giggling, in her carefree Sungkyung way.

But Donghyuck did know.

Miss Perfect had to be dating Lee Jeno.

Donghyuck's friend.

[A/N]
hello I'm back again.
Oops.
With a different story
But don't worry, i'll update this
Every Saturday!
Peace out
Ria~