24 - D A R L I N G

24 - D A R L I N G

Through the darkness, you saw the street lights of the highway. No one should have been anywhere near as you went down the hill excitedly. Throughout the entire time you had been running, you and Aristotle hadn’t let go of each other’s hands.

Now, as you climbed the hill, you and he both laughed giddily. The premature celebration was short lived, however.

“C’mon, YN!” he exclaimed. “We’re almost there!”

STOP WHERE YOU ARE!” exclaimed a voice through a megaphone. Just over the hill. As you got over the rise, you found ten, maybe fifteen police cars waiting for you. Cops waited surrounding you. The flashing blue and red lights were turned on as soon as you were in sight, and maybe fifty arms policemen and women were aiming their guns and weapons at you and Aristotle.

You didn’t let go of Aristotle’s hand, though. Your grip only tightened.

ARISTOTLE ABBOT, RELEASE YN LN THIS INSTANT.” Aristotle looked into your eyes.

“I’m sorry, YN,” he murmured. Tears were already flowing from your cheeks as time seemed to slow down. Moran’s car parked with a screech beside the cops. He and Darla lept from the car and raced in front of the cops.

“Mr. Moran! Back down!” called a few cops.

YN!” called Moran. Aristotle’s grip on your hand tightened. “C’mon, sweetheart! Get away from him, please! I’ll make sure you’re safe from now on.”

Aristotle took a step away from you, dropping his packed back on the grass. You dropped yours as well, but kept your grip on his hand.

Ari…” you whimpered, begging him not to leave you.

“I’m sorry, YN,” he responded. “It’s for the best. I promise.”

“No…” you breathed as he pulled away. Aristotle raised his hands in the air in a surrendering pose.

I surrender!” he exclaimed, walking slowly down the hill. Edward Moran burst through the crowd of the police, much to the disapproval of everyone calling him back behind the lines. With a gun in his hands and his hair and complete mess, he stumbled forward.

ARISTOTLE ABBOT!” he shrieked, raising the pistol in his hands. “This is for the girl I love.”

NO!” you shrieked.

Time froze as the shout of a gunshot rang through the night. You tried to push Aristotle out of the way as quickly as you could while he closed his eyes and winced, ready to feel the pain of the bullet. As the bullet soared through the air, Aristotle landed face first in the grass.

A shriek echoed in the minds of everyone as the bullet penetrated flesh.

Not Aristotle’s flesh....

You fell backwards, blood spurting out of your fresh gunshot wound. Two voices shrieked into the night, both calling your name in a desperate plea.

YN!?” shrieked both Aristotle and Moran. The teacher threw the unfired gun to the side as it landed a few feet away from him. Both he and Aristotle raced to your side.

“We need an ambulance, ASAP,” reported once of the policemen. “Shots fired and hostage down.”

Time seemed to freeze. An ambulance arrived and took you off of the scene. Both Moran and Aristotle were taken in. Moran fought, shrieked, punched several police men nearly to death. Aristotle had no strength left to fight. He was terrified, but not for himself.

His mind wasn’t in his own body. He was focused on ou, and only you. From afar, Aristotle watched as you were hauled into the ambulance, barely breathing. People were screaming things, like you were going into shock and bleeding too much. He was terrified, and too weak to fight back. Aristotle went peacefully with the police while Moran fought like a feral animal.

Your mind was fluttering between life and death. Light and dark.

Aristotle and Moran.

A killer and a psychopath.

So… what would you choose?

*****
The end draws nearer.

I've realized, as much as this story was supposed to be about a yandere serial killer, Aristotle isn't really the most yandere one. Yes, he's possessive, but he's not controlling enough to force you to stay.

Moran on the other hand... he's a complete and utter text book yandere.

So, the titles aren't wrong if you really think about it. There's a yandere, and a serial killer, both x reader, so... I've kinda confused myself... oh well.