Getting My Life Back

"Alright. Once we figure out where we are, we have to get in the air and out of sight. The Mist might make Anareem look like a plane, but I'm not confident in that." I looked at Maggie. "You okay?"

She looked around, wide-eyed. "Everything looks different..."

"Just wait until we get to a city." I shook my head. "We're sort out in the middle of nowhere-"

"HANDS IN THE AIR!"

I whipped around, hand dropping to my sword immediately. A girl I didn't recognize wearing a familiar silver jacket was standing in front of us, an arrow drawn back in her bow.

"Call Artemis."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Hands. In the air."

"No. Call Lady Artemis."

Anareem let out a snarl, her hackles rising. The Hunter flinched away, but watched all three of us warily. After a few moments she growled and lowered her bow a fraction to whistle a loud note through the forest.

I waited patiently until I heard movement around us. "Lady Artemis, you seem to have a misinformed Hunter."

"Stand down, Laurelai." Artemis said from somewhere behind us. Maggie whirled around.

"Hello Maisie." Artemis grinned, throwing her arms out. "I missed you!"

Maggie laughed and ran over to her, hugging tightly. "I missed you too!"

I smiled, watching them, then suddenly felt someone hit me from the side.

"You're the stupidest person I've ever met Percy Jackson and if I wasn't so happy to see your dumb face I'd scream at you right now."

I turned carefully in Annabeth's arms, hugging her tight. She was shaking like she was crying, but I wasn't going to ask whether or not I thought about it.

"I missed you so much, Wise Girl."

"I missed you too." She shook her head and held me closer.

We stood there for almost ten minutes, silently soaking up each others' embrace. Someone finally cleared their throat and Annabeth pulled away reluctantly. Her hand found mine immediately though.

"We should get you back to camp." Artemis smiled. "Annabeth, I'll reverse the Huntress Oath."

"Thank you, my Lady." Annabeth nodded.

"Can I ask where we are?" I interjected, holding a hand up. "I don't want to put Anareem in danger."

"We're about a mile out of New York." Thalia commented, leaning against a nearby tree. "Hiya, Fish Boy."

"Lightning Girl." I nodded.

We walked to the Hunt's camp. Annabeth stayed with me, and Maggie walked with Thalia, talking to her. 

"I've taken the liberty of disguising your power until you tell me to." Artemis spoke from next to us. I looked at her curiously. "The gods would otherwise have sensed it and come to see who was challenging them. You've become much stronger since you left."

"Thanks to Anareem." I nodded, glancing up at her. She puffed up importantly and Artemis chuckled. "If you could, keep it until I'm ready to go talk to them."

She nodded.

When they got to camp, a man was standing in the center of the silver tents. Several of the Hunt drew their bows, and Maggie let out the tiniest gasp.

"D-does he remember me?" She asked Artemis, her voice quivering.

"See for yourself." Artemis gestured to her brother.

Maggie took a few hesitant steps forward. "Apollo? Sunbeam, do you remember me?"

Apollo's face slowly split into a wide smile. "Of course I do, Daisy-Girl."

Maggie let out a cry of happiness and ran into his arms, embracing him tightly. I gave Annabeth a quick kiss, then let her go with Artemis to reverse the Huntress Oath.

-------Third Person POV-------

The Olympian Council was gathered to discuss an immense surge of power that they'd felt in the forest outside of New York. Tensions were high, and a certain goddess of the Hunt being cagey and refusing to speak was making them even more nervous.

"We must hunt this being down and destroy it!" Zeus bellowed, slamming a fist on the side of his throne.

"Zeus, you felt that as much as I did, whoever this is they are not to be messed with." Poseidon shook his head. "Perhaps we should wait for them to come to us."

"Wish granted," Artemis suddenly spoke for the first time since the meeting started.

Everyone turned to look at her, then suddenly the doors to the Throne Room burst open.

A brilliantly white dragon burst in, roaring defiantly. The Olympians leapt into automatic action, but she lashed out and knocked three of them aside in one sweep.

Artemis let the cover she'd had over Percy drop and the room pulsed suddenly with his power. Several more Olympians dropped to the floor, cowering, and only Zeus stood defiant.

"You've got some explaining to do." Percy sneered, standing up in his saddle. The gods stared at him, wide-eyed, as he held up the stone of the healing goddess and the tablet with the names of the demigods that he'd found.

"Start talking."