Crush Catastrophe

Mimi's POV
I pulled Philip into the kitchen, finally. "Mimi, I already told you, I don't want snacks!" Philip said.

"You dimwit, this isn't about snacks!" I shot back. Philip is so dumb and oblivious sometimes, it gets annoying.

Then again, it's probably because he'd always sheltered by his mom, Eliza. She has good intentions, but she's so sweet it's annoying sometimes.

"It isn't? Then what is it about?" Philip said sounding confused. See? So oblivious.

"I want to talk to you about something I've noticed going on between you, Theo, and Madison!" I said.

"Oh... Madison? She's really cool, don't you think?" He said dreamily. Uh oh. Not a good sign... What about poor Theo?

Wait, I left Theo and Madison alone in a room! Wait, not entirely alone, because Freya's with them! So it should be fine. I hope.

"Well, you realize that Theo and Madison both have a crush on you, right?" I finally said.

"Wait, they do?" Philip said sounding confused, but also... hopeful?

"Yes! You haven't noticed? It's so obvious!" I said, stating what, to me, always has been the obvious.

"I had no idea! But that's really good if she likes me, too!" Oh, he was probably talking about Madison. That meant that poor Theo was going to be all alone...

"Ok, well let's grab some random snack to make it seem like we were doing that all along, and get out of here!" I said, while we did just that.

We got back to the room to see.. Madison comforting a teary-eyed Theo?

"Um, Theo? Are you okay?" Philip asked, hurrying over to put a comforting arm around her.

"Yes.. It's fine.." Theodosia said with a sniff, getting up.

"I'm fine, it was nothing.. "

"Ok... " I said. "Wait, where's Freya?" I asked. Oh shoot. They were all alone! That's not good! Freya was supposed to be watching them!

As if on cue, Freya walked back in. "Hey, I was in the bathroom, sorry." She said awkwardly. Whatever, I guess only good came out of this because Madison and Theo are better friends... Right?

Right as Theodosia wiped away her final tear her father, Aaron Burr, walked into the room. "Theodosia, it's time to go home!" He said, grabbing her by the hand and walking her out. Then one by one we all left.

Philip's POV
All of my friends just left, which gave me a bit more time before dinner to think about what Mimi said. Theo and Madison liked me... But I liked only one of them back. The other was just my friend. Why did it have to be this complicated?

I was starting to wish I never even met Madison, when I heard a knock on my door. I answered and it was my mom.

Eliza's POV
I knocked on the door to Philip's room, and he answered looking rather.. distressed. I wonder what is wrong... maybe it would make him feel better to talk about it? "Philip, is something wrong?" I asked softly.

"Um, no.." He said, though I knew it wasn't true. I also knew not to press.

"Ok then, well, do you want to go make dinner with me?" I asked instead, changing the topic.

"Sure... " He said, following behind me, but still looking deep in thought. I wondered what he was thinking about. I would have to convince him to tell me sooner or later.

Freya's POV
I said I was using the bathroom, but really I was peeking out of the bathroom door and spying on Mimi and Philip, because I knew they weren't really getting snacks.

Plus, I could feel the tension rising between Theo and Madison, and I definitely didn't want to get in the middle of that.

I heard what they said about the crushing, and that got me thinking. It was obviously true, but Philip could only choose one of them. So he would either be hurting one of them, or both of them if he chose a completely different person. Poor Philip.

Theo's POV
I was stumped. Do I let Madison have him, or do I continue to pursue him? No, this wasn't my choice. It was Philip's. This is ridiculous, Madison and I are making it our choice, about ourselves only, that we didn't even think about how poor Philip would feel. I felt so selfish but then I remembered it was almost Valentine's Day. A plan was forming in my mind.

On Valentine's Day, Madison and I would have a bit of a competition to see who could dazzle Philip the most, and then see who he chose to be his Valentine!

Yes! It was perfect! Then, it would be up to Philip, but we would still get a chance to prove to him how much he means to us!

Madison's POV
I comforted Theodosia when she cried, because that was just being a good person and NOT like my father. But that doesn't mean that Theodosia and I are all "best friends" now. I sure hope she knows that. She probably doesn't..

Then I started thinking about Valentine's Day, and a plan formed in my mind.

Why don't Theodosia and I have a full on competition to compete for Philip's love, and see who he chooses? Which would most definitely be me, so it was a win-win! Yes, I have to tell Theodosia about this when I next see her!

But then I remembered not to get ahead of myself, I was being rather arrogant. Just like him. And I did not want to be like him. What if Philip didn't choose me? I mean, it had felt like we had a click, a connection, but what if that was just me? What if it was just Philip being friendly?

Still, I like my plan, because it would give Theodosia and I a reason to compete, and I was going to win. No matter what it took.

Alexander's POV
Had I thrown a desk at Jefferson? Yes. Did it hit him? Yes. Did it make a huge hole in the wall? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes. Enough said.

It was dinner time now, and we would always gather around the table and eat together, since I really wasn't available for the rest of the day. But this time, it was a lot less talky.

Philip would always be talking about his day, while Eliza would make comments on hers, and ask about mine.

Not today.

Today, Philip was looking rather deep in thought, playing with his food instead of eating it, which I know gets on Eliza's nerves, so I looked over at her. But instead of annoyed, she looked rather confused, and concerned.

This concerned me, as it wasn't normal at all. I sighed. This is going to be a long night.

AN
Hey guys, so I just realized that my chapters are a lot shorter than most other people's chapters, but writing is really harder than it looks, and I want to make my ideas original, and not just steal other people's so.. I kinda have to wing it sometimes. I'm not really good at making filler chapters, and I just realized I don't like going into one person's POV more than once in a chapter, so after going into everyone's once, I was done. So it ended up being short, sorry about that. This author's note is getting rather long, so, until next time! Bye!