Chapter 3: Friend or Foe?

Carrie had walked into the arena and I was still standing outside alone. What did I do wrong? I didn't understand. As a best friend, she should be happy for me, right?

I walked inside the stadium too. Things were about to get real awkward since we had to sit next to eachother. I didn't know where Carrie thought she was going because she wasn't getting in without tickets, which I had.

"Carrie!" I finally had caught up with her but she didn't say anything. "Carrie. What is wrong?" 

Nothing.

"Seriously, can't you just tell me?" I could feel tears begin to fill my eyes. This was supposed to be a great night. Two best friends, one of our favorite bands, road trip. I didn't get what I did wrong. I mean, Tyler asked me to hang with him. Why was she mad at me?

We handed in our tickets and then went to take our seats. The After Party came out first. I was having a hard time enjoying myself because Carrie was so upset with me. But halfway through TAP's set, I didn't care anymore. She wasn't ruining this for me.

I started signing and jumping around. Once I let the thoughts leave my mind, I was fine. Hollywood Ending was out now and now I was really excited. 

"I'M OPENING UP SO DON'T LET ME DOWN!" Then the music got loud and the room started signing with them - including me.

Tyler and I kept making eye contact. The butterflies in my stomach kept multiplying. The night that I thought would/could never happen, is. Forget Carrie. It's her fault that she's too immature to be happy for her best friend.

When the third song was over, HWE took an intermission and Tyler texted me. 'come back stage.' and so I did.

Walking behind the stage felt weird, but in a good way. I got back there and TAP and HWE were drinking water and preparing for the next songs.

"Hey," Tyler said, walking over to me. He hugged me. He was really sweaty, but so was I. The whole stadium was rediculously hot and it didn't help that it was summer.

"Hi," I responded back. "You guys did really good out there!"

"Thank you," Tyler said. There was a moment of awkward silence. "So, you're still hanging out with us after the show right?"

"Yeah," I said, looking back twoards the stage. I didn't want to ask if Carrie could come because one, I didn't think it was fair. He just asked me. And two she wasn't being a good sport right now and I didn't want her to bring us all down.

"Awesome," Tyler hugged me again. "Alright time to go back out," He turned to Cam, Chris, and Dan. "You can stay back here if you want."

"Okay, thanks!" I'd never been behind the stage before. This was such a great time. I did feel guilty though because Carrie wasn't here to share it with me. But that was her fault. If she'd had been more supportive and nicer - I'd invite her to come back here as well.

Just then my phone vibrated, it was Carrie. 'cool ditch me 2 hang w tyler k' 

I didn't respond. I guess Andy from TAP could see something was wrong because he came over to me, concerned.

"Hey, you okay?" He sat in the chair that was sitting near me and I sat on the floor. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks!" I forced a smile. I didn't want to tell him what was wrong. He didn't need to know.

"I can tell something is. Just tell me," He smiled.

"Well, Tyler asked me to hang with him after the show and we exchanged numbers and everything," I paused for a minute. "But my best friend Carrie decieded she was going to start crap about it."

"Well then she's not a very good friend, now is she?" 

I couldn't help but smile. Andy was super sweet.

"I guess not. But we drove 3 hours and we have to go back to the same hotel room and I don't feel like fighting over this." I looked down at my phone again, debating on what to reply.

"Then don't." He took a sip of water. "Let her have her pitty party. She'll get over it."

He was right. She had to get over it.

"Thanks Andy, you made me feel better." I smiled and put my phone away.

"That's my job." He got up and walked over to Brandon.

Just then Tyler came back with the rest of HWE. I was feeling a lot better now, well about the whole Carrie thing. My stomach still had butterflies in it.

"Ready to go?" Chris said as we all walked to the back of the stadium. Just then Tyler put his arm around me. I couldn't believe this was happening. I put my arm around him, then put my head on his shoulder. I was expecting my heart to pop out of my chest at any moment.

We got into the van and we were going back to Tyler's house in Brooklyn, which was about a half hour away. I sat next to Tyler and even though it was hot outside, we cuddled up.

"Aw, look at the love birds," Chris said in his british accent.

"Shut up," Tyler said, hitting his arm.

"So, did you solve anything with your friend?" Andy asked.

"No, not yet." I hadn't even checked my phone. My mom knew what was going on and that's all that counted. Carrie didn't need to know anything. It wasn't her business.

"What's up with your friend?" Tyler looked down. His eyes were so perfect.

"She's just starting crap. That's all." He made me feel better, just by being there.

"Is that the girl we met earlier?" Cam asked while on his phone.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Oh, she seemed nice though," Dan looked confused. "This is why I don't get girls, they're so conflicting sometimes."

We all laughed.

We were finally at Tyler's house. It was a cute house, but I couldn't see much since it was dark out. We all went inside, it was set up really cute. The funiture was white and everything looked so clean and neat.

"Alright, I'm gonna go shower because I can't stand being sweaty anymore," Chris said walking upstairs.

"Fine." Tyler said, "Even though this is MY house!" He laughed.

This felt so normal and not awkward. Well, all the way up until this.