Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“What seems to be the problem?” I asked. My voice echoed the barely lit room.

We were now in the counsel room discussing matters about The City of Caliber.

“We found out that there seems to be a dark power lurking in the North side. The City of Caliber is getting anxious and they want someone else to look into the case with full attention.” Councilwoman 1 said.

“They didn’t even want an Elemental there?” I asked.

“They do but they also want someone with more experience.” Councilman 2 answered.

“So they want someone in the high ranks like the elders or head council members, basically.” I said.

“Yes.”

“Very while then.” I said.

Before I could say anything.

“I’ll go!” Charlie said standing up as if he knew what I was doing.  

“No.” I replied. He glared at me.

“And why not?” He asked.

“You are one of the few Elders on this earth. You are currently the youngest of the Elders and even more knowledgeable than them. If you go then we will be taking a risk that the council wishes not to do.” Councilman 1 said

“I don’t care.” He said glaring at me.

Oh Charlie please drop the subject for your own good.

“I’m afraid your decision will be rejected from the council. We aren’t taking risk.” councilwoman 2 said.

“Then who will go?” He asked folding his arms.

“Why don’t ask someone else to do it?” Fay said.

“Foolish girl. You don’t understand the nature of the situation.” I said.

“Don’t call me foolish. I liked you better when you were training us rather than bickering.” She said.

“I’ll call you what you are.” I said.

“What I am? I’m an Elemental and do you know what that is? It’s one of the most powerf-”

“I’ve never heard something so foolished! If you were truly an Elemental, you would care for the safety of the people whether you knew them or not. I don’t care if you are powerful because clearly in training you never showed any of that. With that attitude you will only be killed by yourself” I said.

“You don’t deserve the title of an Elemental. You were given a gift. Use it rather than brag about it and do your precious makeup. You don’t even deserve the title of a human being. I don’t care what you are or what you say. It’s what you do as an individual that makes you respected as a person.” I shouted.

She was about to say something but I won’t let her talk like that.

“I have no idea what’s your deal is but I will not accept that. You are lucky enough to be given a gift. A life and a home. Most people don’t have homes or a life to live on.” I said.

“So what’s your decision, milady?” Councilman 2 asked.

“I’m going to the City of Caliber, myself.”

- - - - - - -

I walked to the stables and went to my horse’s stall.

“Hey Moonstone.” I said patting my horse. She replied with a happy neigh while her long tail swaps around. She was a white horse. I had her since I was young, Bertha got her as a present when I left The City of Caliber.

“You have a very beautiful horse.” his voice said behind me. I turn around to see Duke standing there.

“But then again not as beautiful as you.” He said coming closer to me.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the ball?” I said combing Moonstone mane.

“It’s would have been boring.” He said leaning against the wall next to me and watching me.

“Oh really?” I muttered while putting the brush down.

“Yeah especially this year.” He said.

“And why is that?” I said looking at him. He was staring off into the distance before looking at me.

“Because you weren’t there to keep me entertained.” He said.

I felt slightly nervous after he said that. No I won’t turn into one of his fan girls. I look away from his gaze.

“You should return. People might wonder where you are, especially your fan girls.” I said storing the brush away.

I felt arms wrapped around me and warmth on my back.

“Dress so nicely for them. Who am I trying to impress there? As for my fan girls, you are the only one I care about.” He said putting his chin on my shoulder.

“I’m not one of your fangirls.” I scoffed out.

“You will be.” He whispered.

“Never.” I said enjoying being in his arms.

He turns me around and grabs hold of my hands. He started moving pulling me along with him.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Dancing.” He stated.

“I can see that but why?” I said.

"Because you were going to leave to The City of Caliber tonight rather than being in the ball which I'm assuming you wanted to go so I shall be your only partner for tonight." He said still making me dance.

"This is ridiculous Duke." I said. "Is it?" He asked 

“We aren’t at the ball or something and I don’t think the stables will be the most appropriate place to start dancing especially with all the horses watching. What if someone see us the-”

He kisses me. I hadn’t notice he had lift his mask so his mouth was visible. His lips felt so rough but yet warm. He pulls me closer to him as he kisses me. I started kissing back then stop to take a breath to think about what happened.

“Stop overthinking. By the way I’m coming with you.” He said putting his mask back on.

.

.

.

“What?” I muttered softly still confused.