four

track 1: perfect illusion by lady gaga.

track 2: younger by ruel.

track 3: why should i be sad by britney spears.

track 4: dazed & confused by ruel.

" something about your eyes, i can't even walk in a straight line. "

It had been two days and now Zach had fifteen dollars to his name. His parents generously donated him fifteen dollars in pity, and Zach just told them, "Okay,"

Jack was now sitting with him on the bus daily. Zach likes the boy, he's really funny and is super sweet to him, but he's been hearing rumors.

Rumors that Jack was only nice to him just because he wanted someone to laugh at. What Zach didn't know was Jack was extremely well-known through out the whole school, and him sitting beside Zach was like a twitter moment. 

People would walk up to Zach asking if Jack smelt good.

Smelt good.

Zach would just stare at them before walking away. 

Zach was now sitting on the bus, watching Jack's lips as he talked. 

Yeah, he thought Jack was stunning.

Jack usually ranted to Zach about how his geography teacher gave too much homework and little class discussion. From what Zach got, Jack's geography teacher would give them tests every week with a short notice, leaving Jack to stress over the weekend about how he had a test but nothing to study.

"I'm being serious!" exclaimed Jack, "She gives us one lesson and -- oh, how surprising! We have a test! So aggravating!"

Zach smiled, "So I've heard."

"Are any of your teachers like that?" he asked. 

Zach shook his head, "They all suck, but none of them give me tests every week. Maybe every other week."

"Can't wait for you to get her next semester."

The thing with Jack was that it was never awkward. Jack always knew how to control a conversation, whilst Zach was the most awkward human ever. He never knew where to put his hands, he always replied with short answers, and he had no clue why Jack still tried to talk to him.

But was he complaining? Nope.

"What music are you listening to now?" asked Jack curiously. Zach always had his headphones in, and sometimes there wasn't anything playing. This time he was silently listening to the album Youngblood.

"Uh, 5 Seconds of Summer..."

Jack gasped, "Which album?"

"Youngblood..." told Zach with a shrug.

Jack stared at Zach and jokingly told, "I think you're my soulmate! What song?"

"Talk Fast."

As Zach said that, the song changed to one called 'Dazed & Confused.'

"That -- is my favorite song." told Jack astonishingly. Zach smiled, "Is it?"

"Yes!" and Jack started humming the song. Zach listened to the song lyrics and realized it would be perfect for one of his playlists. He made a mental note to add it later.

"Can I," he coughed, "like -- listen, with you?"

Zach sadly glanced over to him, "My battery is low, I think I'm just going to stop listening too."

He unplugged his headphones and put them into the front pocket of his bag, leaving Jack confused.

Confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~

i came into this book with so much hope of how good it's going to be, but now it just belongs in the