Twist and Turns Chapter Six

Chapter Six

HAZEL's POV

I woke up at the sudden feeling of warmth on arms. The smell was familiar, as if that person with that sweet, familiar scent had held me like this before. And there was only one person who had touched me this way. It was Edward. But I didnt dare open my eyes for the fear of being wrong. I had already hoped that the person holding me was Edward and if I open my eyes and it's not him, I would only be disappointed.

I heard a low chuckle from him. I know that laugh. It's him. I opened my eyes to find Edward, my Edward, with his arms wrapped around my waist, his hands resting on my arms, caressing them like he used to.

I hesitantly smiled up at him. I wasnt sure of his reaction after what happened in the meadow. But surprisingly, he smiled back.

"Edward," I whispered. "Edward, I-"

I freezed. I can smell it. Oh god, it smelled so good. I was thirsty, so bloodthirsty that my throat hurts. Edward must have sensed what I was feeling because he abruptly stood up and rushed outside.

I heard Edward murmuring something from outside but I was too weak and thirsty to hear. As Edward came back, I heard the slamming of the floor door and the engine of a car from outside. As soon as the engine died, the smell of the blood disappeared along with it. Ah, it was Bella. Edward must have told Bella to leave for he was afraid I might harm her.

Edward grabbed my arm and leaned to forward to me. "Do want human or animal blood? We've been out of contact for years that I have no idea what pleases you more."

Ah, human blood is what my body wants but animal blood could do. I don't want to offend anyone.

Edward nodded at me, obviously hearing my thoughts. "Let's go"

He helped me up and carried me outside. As he carried me out, we passed by Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Esme and Carlisle looking at us with smiling eyes. Rosalie on the other hand, well, let's just say she's not a big fan of me.

When Edward and I arrived at the part of the forest with wild deers, he lowered me to the ground.

"Ready?" Edward turned to me, poised as if ready for a race, smiling with his almost black eyes.

He was obviously challenging me to catch the most elks. We had played this game since I got turned into a vampire. Whether we win or lose, the prize is always a kiss. I wonder what it will be now that were not together anymore.

"You're on, pale face!"

And the boom of his laughter echos through the whole forest.

And the race starts. We run and catch some elks until we can't eat anymore. I ended up winning.

"Hey, that's not fair. You were hungrier than me!" Edward jokingly grumbled.

"Can't admit defeat, eh?" I walked up to him and laughed at his shocked expression.

He regained himself and grinned back at me. Somehow, we ended up staring at each others eyes. In a second, the little space between us was gone as he walked toward me and closed it. He grabbed my waist and kissed me. His warm, hard lips pressed against mine. For a long time, we stayed like that.

And once we pulled away, he leaned in to my ear and whispered to me. "You're prize. So how'd you like it?"

I could sense a smile in his voice but also a trace of nervousness to my possible answer to his question.

I grabbed his head and kissed his lips one more time. "It was perfect."

Edward grinned at me and continued grinning as we walked hand in hand back to his house.