Moving and Dancing Opportunities

"Do you promise this is the last time?" I asked my dad.

"Yes, I'm sure" he said for the thousandth time.

"Daddy, I want the big room" Lachie spoke trying to win dad over.

"No, it's mine" Max stated.

"Nope, first in best dressed." I said as I bolted up the stairs into the room.

"Daddy" whined my youngest brother Ashton.

"Nope, Kenzie is the only girl in the house, let her have it" Dad intervened.

"but-"

"No buts" dad stated.

"Thankyou Daddy" I said trying to sound like the little girl I once was.

"It's ok Kenzie" he smiled before jogging back down the stairs.

Max stood there, then poked his tongue out and walked away.

"Brat" I mumbled under my breath.

"Breakfast" dad called from the bottom of the stairs.

I heard the rush of my three younger brothers into the kitchen. If I didn't hurry up I would get nothing. I ran down the stairs only to find all the bacon and eggs gone. All that's left was a piece of toast. Lachie exchanged an evil grin with Max before poking his tongue out at me. Oh how I wished for a sister.

I grabbed the final piece of toast and shoved it into my mouth instead of placing it on my plate and eating like a civilised person because I knew it would disappear from my plate in a matter of seconds.

"You boys are gonna be late for school. Let's go" Dad said.

It was their first day of their new school. I on the other hand hadn't found a school to go to yet. It was hard enough to find one let alone get into one. It was even harder if you are in your last year of schooling and have already moved schools twice this year, it is barely even August. We only moved in last night. The boys slept on the ground in the new lounge room, I slept on the floor in what's going to be the office and Dad slept in what will be the dining room.

I decided to take the opportunity of having everyone out the house to begin unpacking. My younger brothers would just make a mess of things and Dad doesn't have any organisation skills what so ever.

The boys slammed the door behind them and i began to open the boxes. I decided to begin with my room and then continue throughout the house, putting the twins room next, then Ashton's and after that Dads and then I would move to the other rooms in the house.

I cut open the first box with a pair of scissors Dad had bought on the way last night after realising he had packed all of the scissors and knives. I began to take put all my ornaments on the ledge along with my trophies and ribbons. I hung my clothes in the built in wardrobe and then left the box on the ground. We don't have any of our major furniture yet so I still don't have a bed or beside table.

I moved onto the twins room. I placed Lachie's stuff on one side of the room and Max's stuff on the other. We have moved every few months since Ashton was two. He is now six and Dad has said this is our last move. Thing is he has said that every other time too. I heard Dad walk back into the house, he sounded as if he had a bunch of plastic bags.

"Kenz?"

"Up here" I called from the doorway of Lachie and Max's room.

"What are you doing?"

"Unpacking" I stated.

"Kenz, you don't have to do it. I can just as easily do it when you start school."