CHAPTER 3 CONVENTION OF A NEW UNDERTAKING III

Start from the beginning

ARCHER

"I can't take this anymore. Trilyonois will accept me in his kingdom if you take my life brother. This is the worst pain I can ever feel. I need you to kill me. I can't do this by myself."

His voice weakens. Warm blood splatters out every time he speaks. His wife carries him from his other side with their baby son sacked across her back. His brother replies,

ARCHER'S BROTHER

"You can't ask me to do this relentless deed. Please fight it brother. It shall get better."

The archer throws up his guts trying to say what his wife is now yelling at his brother.

ARCHER'S WIFE

"He is your brother! Don't be a coward! Kill him now! He shouldn't suffer like this!"

They break formation. The Camelot citizens walk forward not stopping to help except for one horse trotting out from behind the formation. The archer sits down while his brother and wife linger over him. His baby son cries. Many children cry from out of the multitude of people moving toward the new checkpoint.

Prince Matchbox witnesses the whole thing. He is the man on the horse. The respiration from his horse changes to a smoky-bleached-gray. Reaching forward, he unbuckles the sword from his belt handing it to them.

PRINCE MATCHBOX

"Take my sword! Minaera is our planet, and Trilyonois will accept this. (yelling) Take my sword! It's a sad day for all of us, but our army has won the battle."

He directs his attention to the archer.

PRINCE MATCHBOX

"You'll make it to the city of light brother. I promise you sir; you haven't lost your life in vein."

Tears peal from the Archer's brother's eyes as he limps over to the prince's horse retrieving the prince's weapon.

The Archer lies on the ground bracing his head in his wife's lap. Pulling his hand behind her, she allows him to touch his son for the last time.

ARCHER'S WIFE

"I love you. I always have, since we were children. Touch him. Touch your son. There is so much more we need to do together. We had such a good time all these years. Please, I can't see you suffer anymore."

She screams at his brother.

ARCHER'S WIFE

"What are you waiting for? Do it now!"

His brother's face changes to a psychopathic impression. Adrenaline races through his stomach. Fear butterflies throughout his conked out body. He raises the sword. Water rolls down his face as he stares into the last scriptures of his brothers living eyes.

The handle of the sword is cold, and his fingers are frozen. He screams,

ARCHER'S BROTHER

"Brother!"

He falls to the ground stabbing the prince's sword through his brother's chest.