《21》

Glass chandeliers. Crystalline champagne glasses. Classical music in the background. Wealth practically poured from every crevice in the ballroom. Golden trimmed masquerade masks adorned every face. To anyone who passed the hall they'd filled, no-one would guess that it was filled to the brim with criminal masterminds.

Eunhye stood with Nihee and Jennie. All in eye-catching dresses and beautiful masks, curtousy of their significant others. Eunhye's hair was done up, revealing her bare back with the only form of identification she possessed. To show the entire criminal underworld, who exactly, she belonged to.

Even with the masks, it was obvious to everyone in the room who belonged to the most powerful gang in Korea. The seven men all stood together, in visibly more expensive attire but with the looks that could send any person to their knees.

It amazed Eunhye at how classy these type of people could be, given their usual lifestyles. Trays of five-star cuisine passed her every now and then. She'd taken a few and marvelled at the exquisite taste. But it was clear that it wasn't only her who felt this way. She could see the fascination that had made it way to the other two girls's expressions.

"They really pulled out all the stops for this," Jennie whispered to no-one in particular, "Who knew my brother could throw something like this."

"I think they wanted to prove why they're the most powerful, honestly," Nihee piped in, nodding her head towards her boyfriend's smug look as he glanced upon the crowd of guests, "But at least everyone gets a good party out of it all."

The three of them nodded in agreement.

None of them had ever thought so many criminals were based in Seoul. Hundreds of beautifully dressed men and women filled the room. Clearly RM's idea was a success. But there was a clear uneasiness in the room. Eunhye couldn't decide if it was because of the tension between gangs or because of the vulnerability they had all put themselves in. Indeed, an entire ballroom filled with criminals and all their associates makes for an ideal place for a police officer to be at that very moment. Especially considering all the criminals were unarmed.

The music suddenly became slightly louder, urging the guests to use the hall for what it was intended: dancing. Jin took the lead, taking hold of Nihee's waist and moving gracefully with her across the dance floor.

One by one, more and more couples filled the space in the centre of the room, moving elegantly and in perfect sync to the music.

A moment later Jimin appeared to whisk Jennie away, leaving Eunhye alone at the edge of the dance floor.

She'd spotted J-hope flirting obviously with a stunning woman, to which she blushed intensely before saying something which caused him to react a similar way.

She'd also seen Jungkook and Taehyung dancing together in the centre of the floor, taking it in turns to lead the dance. Both of them were laughing heartily at each other whenever the other decided to spin them or dip them down.

Finally she acknowledged RM sitting on a sofa surrounded by other people who held the same demeanour as him. Clearly he was conversing with fellow leaders of gangs. Eunhye was glad to see a few women with them, showing her that gang culture wasn't necessarily a male dominated world.

She sighed slightly as she leaned against the wall, her glass of champagne balanced loosely in her hand. She took at sip before looking over to her left. After feeling someone staring at her for the past few minutes, she had to investigate who that person was.

A man she couldn't properly recognise but once her attention was on him, He approached slowly. His hairstyle was somewhat familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," He growled as he reached her. A voice she recognised straight away, alongside the disgust that accompanied it.

"What do you want, Kai?"

"Oh nothing," He mused, eyeing her up and down before meeting her eyes again, "Just never thought I'd come across you in such a formal setting."

"Really?" Eunhye spoke sarcastically, "Well personally I never thought I'd have to see you again."

He clutched his heart dramatically, chuckling slightly, "Oh, you hurt me so, Miss Choi. But how about we put our differences behind us," He gestured towards the crowd of dancing couples, "Care to dance?"

She shot him a confused look and shook her head quite firmly indicating a 'no'.

"It's a cease-fire. Why not?" He inquired further, dissatisfied with her response.

"I just don't want to dance today," She looked around the place awkwardly, "I'm pretty sure you could find someone else to dance with."

He paused after hearing this but did as she had and looked around the room. Finally spotting a beautiful woman who's eyes wouldn't leave his, he left Eunhye there. She sighed in relief finally having a moment to herself like she wanted. She hated social situations and very much hated this social situation. The tension was suffocating and she very much needed a breather.

~

Eunhye had left the party an hour or two ago. She felt so much better and was starting to make her way back. She doubted that she would have been missed in the time she was gone. She'd discarded her shoes a while ago, hiding them lazily in her hands. It wasn't because they were uncomfortable, because the noise they caused drew too much attention to her - which she didn't want.

"Where the fuck have you been!" A furious voice screamed at her.

She whirled around just as rough handed grabbed her by the shoulders. Yoongi shook her violently before throwing her over his shoulder. She felt him look behind them before he started running.

He kept running for over ten minutes. Eunhye was too surprised to say anything to him. She saw them go through a door and finally asked him, "Where are we?"

He didn't say anything but kept walking.

And walking.

And walking.

Finally, they walked into a room and he stopped. She was put back on her feet but straight away she was thrust into a chair and her hands were put in handcuffs.

"Wait. What the hell?!"

Yoongi came down low in front of her and gripped her shoulders tight, "Now explain this to me, Choi Eunhye. Why, only a few minutes after you left that party, did an entire police force infiltrate it? With your dad leading the charge?"

***

A/N dun dun dunnnnnnn

~

Cerys xx