12. grapefruit spoon

i was sitting in the kitchen of my grandmas house while she was meeting with her lawyer

i was sitting in the kitchen of my grandmas house while she was meeting with her lawyer. mike went with her and emma was at the gallaghers playing video games with carl and debbie.

i was getting a beer and i went over to the living room and sat down. i took a few sips of beer until i heard a knock on the door, when i opened it, i saw lip.

"hey." lip said as i let him in.

"hey, what are you doing here?" i said.

"what? i'm not allowed to just visit my beautiful girlfriend?" lip asked me as i chuckled.

"that's not what i meant." i told him.

"so, ian and i are going to visit our grandmother and i was wondering if you wanted to come." lip asked me as i grabbed my beer.

"wait, why are you going to see your grandmother?" i asked him.

"well, we found out that ian isn't actually franks son." lip told me.

"no fucking way." i said drinking more of my drink.

"you alright?" lip asked me.

"my grandma is seeing her lawyer right now, i'm just worried. but, lets go see your grandma." i said putting my beer back in the fridge and i grabbed his hand.

we went and met up with ian and we started walking to the local prison since nana gallagher is a prisoner.

"aren't you a little bit curious to find out who he is?" lip asked passing me a cigarette and he lit one of his own.

"no." ian replied.

"you're lying." i told ian.

"no? he could be any one of these guys." lip said.

"oh, yeah? like that one right there?" ian said pointing to a guy that was passed out wearing women's clothes.

"totally." lip replied.

"why are you being so weird about this, ian?" i asked him.

"look, he's gonna be a douche bag no matter who he is." ian told us.

"well, he can't be any worse than frank." lip said.

"he's right." i said agreeing with my boyfriend.

"he's a gallagher." ian simply replied.

"well, maybe he'll take you to a game, or you know, kick in some scratch for college or give you a kidney, hell, a birthday card once a year. that's a win, right?" lip said as we all sat on the bus bench.