Chapter 7

Chapter 7

How could I be so forgetful?

I facepalmed myself there and then. I didn't had a spare one. Many questions were swirling through my mind. How the hell was I supposed to go home? What about school tomorrow?

Shit! Homework!

I took deep breaths to calm my almost hyperventilating self. I thought about the dead line for all my homework. I sighed heavily in relief when I realised it wasn't tomorrow.

Now I just needed a place to sleep for the night. And get my key back tomorrow. At least I changed into different clothes.

Call me a nerd for panicking about homework, but even a "badass fighter" like me worry about grades.

An idea struck me as I paced back and forth the hallway, my boots making clicking sounds against the weathered carpeted floor. Since my apartment was only at the 2nd floor, I could...

-*-

Matt's POV

As I left the warehouse, I chuckled softly to myself as I pictured how Danielle had woken from unconciousness with her messed up hair and bruises, all while pumping her fist in the air. It was so ridiculous it was funny. It had been a long time since I had laughed like this.

Though I truly regretted saying all those things before the fight to her, I knew that it wouldn't be right to have feelings for a student. I almost facepalmed myself after saying about the dinner and not wanting to lead her on. She obviously did not treat the dinner I bought as more than just out of pity or friend. How could I be that dumb?

Wait, I'm not dumb, I'm such a smart ass that I'm a teacher at this age. I was just kind of nervous...yeah.

I sighed as I unlocked my newly bought car and got in. I started the engine as the radio blared, and with that, I made my 20-minute journey back to my own apartment.

Halfway through, I saw something shiny through the corner of my eye. Curious, I took a quick glance at it, and almost crashed the car when I saw what it was.

Holy shit, it was Danielle's key! I remembered her carrying the key when she was getting into the car. The key must've been her apartment key...

Which meant if she didn't have a spare one, she couldn't get in.

I made a sharp U-turn and headed back towards the direction of her apartment.

-*-

Danielle's POV

''Now how do I do it...'' I murmured to myself as I stare up at my apartment window from the back of the apartment builiding.

I looked around, hoping to find something to climb up the wall to reach it.

''Rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your fvcking hair!'' I muttered to myself. How I wished there really was Rapunzel living in my apartment. I could just go up from here.

My eyes drifted to a small shed not far away. It looked as if it could only fit 2 skinny people or 1/4 of a fat guy.

It was dark already, the only light coming from the full moon in the clear sky where stars twinkled beautifully.

As I hummed the tune of the children's song 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', I made my way there hastily, slightly frightened of what may pop out from nowhere. .

I could go back to the warehouse where I was sure it was 100% safer than going to a shed at the pitch dark side of the back of the apartment building, but it was dark already and the forest leading to the warehouse would definitely be darker and dangerous.