The Beautiful Girl

Cover Created by: @AnnaMS http://www.wattpad.com/user/AnnaMS

A/N: This piece was written at a very vulnerable time in my life, and it means a lot to me. This was my very first attempt at a romance piece. Poetry is what the writer makes of it. This is an abstract Poem/Fable/Ballad designed to be interpreted differently by each reader. Breathe-in experience, breathe-out poetry. ~ Muriel Rukeyser

There once was a beautiful girl. With all the beauty you could possess in the world.

Her hair as dark, as the summer night, her eyes, beautiful, green, and bright.

This beautiful girl you could say. Was as nice, as a bright sunny day.

She wore the most dazzling dresses, best jewelry, and such, but the only thing her heart yearned for, was a true mans touch.

She ached and she quaked, and felt deep inside, "I want a true hearted man, to be my pride!"

So she got up and went out, and gathered some men, and do you know what happened then?

She eliminated the too tall, the too fat, the too thin. She wanted a true hearted man, a handsome man, like it was a fearless sin.

So she picked the unattractive, and politely said "No", until all that was left, was what could be described as, a dashingly, sexy, row.

Rugged and good looking, and what great smiles, these men were so perfect to look at, she nearly went wild.

She pondered and pondered until she could ponder no more. She walked up to one man and said, "This one I adore!".

She grabbed his arm as they ran off to their date, she ran real fast, she just could not wait.

They went on a picnic as happy as can be, laughing and joking, and drinking her favorite flavoured tea.

Then the beauty began to see, the man she had chosen, was not what she hoped him to be.

He was joking and joking without a serious thought. She realized then, "Oh god! This guy is a crackpot!"

She finished her date, and told him it was over, and back to the line she went, this time, she would think it more over.

She pondered again as hard as can be, when suddenly, "This one! Is the man for me!"

She chose her new man and went on their date, as she thought to herself "This must be fate!".

They went to a beach and sat in the sand, drinking wine and feeling, real grand.

They talked for hours, about everything they liked, until the woman did notice, the man was obsessed with a "good fight!".

The conversation weakened as he began to bore, so much so, the beautiful girl, began to snore.

The girl grew bored and called it a night. When they came together, she told the man,"This isn't working out quite right."

Back to the line she went with doubt, she wasn't sure anymore, so she said, "I'm out!".

Then the girl took a walk, down an empty road, and thought to herself, "To whom with, will I grow old?"

Then she noticed someone curious, standing in the street. She thought to herself, "Maybe we could meet?"

So she approached the man slowly but surely, she asked his name, "Peter" he said "Peter Morley"

He wasn't the most handsome or charming as such, but she couldn't help but be curious, "Does he hold the touch?"

So she asked him on a date and off they went. The time they had, was time well spent.

They laughed, and joked and talked for hours, the man was so romantic, he bought her a bouquet of bright red flowers.

At the end of the date she said goodnight, she knew in her heart, this man was right.

She kissed him sweetly and the sparks flew, and in that moment... She knew it to be true.

She asked herself, "How can it be...The man who held my heart, was the man I chose not to see?"

Beauty holds nothing without the heart

© All Rights To This Poem Reserved 2012

Written by: Jordan Hanley