twelve | chandelier

I stepped off and the NY breeze hit me immediately, i had got used to the Avonlea calm sea breeze and this was something very different.

"So, is my princess feeling any better?" I tsted as I looked to my side to find a mop of brown curls and a pair of honey eyes.

"First of all I'm not your princess and yes I'm doing fine thank you, it was nothing," I picked up my pace hoping to leave him trailing behind

"You can be my queen instead then and I'm pretty sure it was more than nothing,"

he'd caught up with me and clearly wasn't dropping this anytime soon. I decided to be the bigger person and leave it. But I wasn't happy about the queen bit, he couldn't just make me his queen without me letting him. Of course I would hate the idea of being 'his' the thought of it disgusted me. Obviously.

"So where first Anne?"

"Well I think it would be smart to take a trip to our hotel room so we can put our bags down, wouldn't you agree?" I raised my chin as I thought that was a very valid point

"Yes I agree, I'll find the address and we'll grab a cab," the boy took his phone out his pocket and went to his notes "2178 Broadway, W 77th St, New York, the hotel is called the Arthouse, it's a 40 minute drive from here," he looked up at me to check I heard and I nodded.

"Well come on then Blythe,"

———

"It's incredible," I gasped in admiration
"Yes she, I mean it, is isn't it," I grabbed my suitcase and made my way up the stairs of the grand building, the ivy cascading off the burnt amber bricks.

I stepped through the bronze door and into a reception area, the floor tiled and above me an exquisite and delicate chandelier lighting up the room. I stood in awe, id never seen anything quite like it before.

——— gils pov ———

She stood in awe as I'm pretty sure she's never seen anything quite like it before. She looked so beautiful with the light reflecting off her face and her hair lightly placed on her shoulders.

I decided to let her take her time so I made my way to the reception desk. "Hey er- have you got rooms booked for Blythe?" I was pretty good at normally talking to other people but this particular time I couldn't help but shuffle my feet and stutter

"Let me double check," the receptionist smiled showing her pearly white teeth. "Yes, you have one room on the 4th floor," she started rummaging around her desk. "And here's your card can I just have some ID please,"

she's so pretty

"Sir?" I was shook out of my daze

"Sorry, er ID, yes I have ID," I took my wallet out and pulled my card out "here," she took the card and checked it nodding in approval.

"Well everything's been prepaid for except room service of course, so if you would like anything you will have to pay, just use your phone in the room and dial 151, enjoy your stay," there was that smile again

"Thank you, I'm sure we'll enjoy our stay," I took the card and grinned at the girl, with her smiling back and us standing there.

"Well come on Blythe we haven't got forever have we?" I rolled my eyes, of course anne had to break my special moment with a pretty girl.

"Er yes, thank you," I looked at her name tag "Samantha," she smirked, bets she thought that was smooth.

"See you around Blythe,"
"See you around Samantha,"

__________________________

a/n THANK YOU FOR 800 READS THATS MAD <3

also I'm so sorry for the late update but I'm really struggling with exams so I woke up earlier today to write this :)

i think Blythe has a little crush don't you? ;)

- also imagine the receptionist is like 20 or something so only 2-3 years older than them 👍🏼