Chapter 10: Karter Johansen

Chapter 10—Karter Johansen—

“I’m going to bed, mom,” I yelled down the staircase, trying not to show my anger. Mitch had just texted Karter, saying he needed to tell her something extremely important. I was angry because I wasn’t sure if it was just a ploy to get to see me or if he was serious about it. Whatever. I’m going anyway because it might be important. I had to cancel plans for Emma and all her little popular friends for him. If he’s just messing with me then I will not hesitate to punch him in the face.

I stormed into my closet and into my special cave. After applying the usual wig supplies I shoved a black wig on my head. I stuck some extensions on to make my hair go a little under my shoulders, pin-straight. Karter doesn’t do her usual style every day. It’s a common fact to her identity’s friends and acquaintances that she changes up her style all the time. I stuck with the usual smoky-eye look. For my outfit today, since it was a colder night, I threw on some black jeggings, black heels, and a navy tank top on. I snatched a black jacket as I was gathering up the appropriate IDs and other assorted objects. I left the room grumbling and left my house.

I walked a few blocks to the club I was at the other day. I didn’t bother waiting behind the few people trying to get in. I pushed my way past the bouncer, he knew me well so he let me go ahead. In my anger, I was cussing everyone out.

“Where the fuck is Mitch?” I yelled over the music. A few regulars that knew me were smart enough to get out of my way. They’ve learned that my rage is never anything to deal with. Someone I knew pointed to a corner and sure enough, the beloved Mitch was there.

“Karter,” he said as he stood up straight from leaning against the wall. “I’m really sorry to be the bearer of bad news, babe.”

“This better be good, I had to cancel plans for this freaking meeting thing you set up last minute,” I said with heavy attitude lacing my voice and tapping my heel on the ground.

“Well… I need to tell you a little something about that guy you fucked the other day. Alex was his name, right?” It was dark in here, but not so dark that I couldn’t see the anticipation on his face as to what my reply would be. He was thinking I would yell at him for meddling in my business. But for some reason, I wasn’t mad. I was curious. Why would he care about Alex?

I hesitated for a second, trying not to drop my anger, but it was hard when I wanted to know so bad. “Umm yeah, what about him?” I asked.

“Well I overheard him talking to some girl yesterday,” he said tentatively, not looking me in the eye, pushing around a pebble on the ground with his foot.

“And?” I said, expecting something more interesting.

“Well…” he started, then stopped. “I’m not sure how to tell you this…”

“Out with it, fucktard,” I said, using my favorite name for him. I stared him directly in the eyes.

“IthinkyoumighthaveanSTD,” he spit out and looked at me.

Excuse me?” I said, highly repulsed. This is what he made me miss my movie night for? A shitload of lies?

“Well, the girl told Alex that she had an STD and that he would probably need to be checked for it. So yeah, Karter, you might have an STD and you know, I just thought you’d want to know.”

Oh shit, I’m screwed. If I have an STD then… oh my freaking gosh I am going to kill Alex.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Mitch said. “He’s not here.” He looked at me, with a legitimate emotion on his face, well that was new. Then I looked a little closer. That emotion on his face was care.

“Mitch, why do you care so much?” I asked. “You know I don’t like you. At all. You know plenty of girls, so why are you telling me this? I know you wouldn’t let any other bitches know if they had an STD.” I had a quizzical look on my face.

“You’re not a bitch…” he mumbled so I barely even heard him.

“What was that, Mitch?” I asked, using his real name while frowning at him. I even bothered to use his real name.

“I said that you’re not a bitch, okay? Look, Karter, I really fucking like you. Yeah, I know, big shock that a guy like me could like a girl like you. I mean I’m just so amazing, but still.” He smiled up at me.

“You’re an ass,” I said, showing no emotion in my words and stalked off. He totally explained my own, personal reason for hating him, right in those few sentences. He was way too self-absorbed for my liking.

It took him a few seconds to register what just happened before he caught up to me. “Karter, wait up. Come on, I don’t want you to be the one that got away. I’m not giving up now.”

“Well you don’t always get what you freaking want,” I said, with an evil ring to my voice. I was at the fastest speed I could be going at in my heels. “Fuck off.”

He looked so hurt that he just stopped walking; right there, a look of pure sorrow on his face.

Whatever, I like to fuck with people’s feelings when I’m Karter. It’s fun.

Mitch did not run after me as I exited the club. He did not stop me when I hailed a cab. I didn’t even see his face when the driver winked at me creepily. Whatever, he means nothing to me at all, anyway. Right?

Right. He was just another boulder that would get in the way of another of my identities’ paths.

The cab took me to the closest clinic. I eventually found out that I had no trace of any STD, which surprises me considering all the guys I’ve screwed, and I took another cab home. The driver was really eerie and kept looking down my shirt. Old men like that disgust me.

I tiredly climbed into the window once the creeper drove away. But I was only greeted with an explosion of texts on my phone. I only wanted to sleep…

Rebecca, there’s been an extreme emergency!

Most of my texts were extremely vague like this. All of them were from Rebecca’s band friends. Only one of them contained actual information. It was from Cassie.

Becca! Benny’s been seriously injured! He’s in the hospital!!

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Author’s Note: My gosh, what’s happened to Benny!?

I know you guys don’t particularly like my spacing, but it’s either this or something even worse. Trust me on that one. Sorryyyyy

MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU MAY EVER SEE IN AN AUTHOR’S NOTE: I’M ENTERED IN TITLE 2012 FOR THE WATTY AWARDS 2012 FOR A SPECIAL AWARD. No one ever told me which one to enter for:( So I just picked that one… So yeah help me out with that. I didn’t really want to pick a special award yet, but it was due tomorrow for that, so yeah, help me out.

Okay that probably wasn’t that important of an author’s note but still.

This is for all you Karter fans out there. I know a lot of you said she was your favorite so here ya go!:D Lol Team Karter?What team are you? Your team is your favorite character:D

I’ll love you for the rest of your life if you think my story deserves a vote, maybe even a comment? Thanks for reading<333