Nine

After a few minutes of riding back to my house in silence Liam got a call. I'm guessing he was kind of infuriated about what had just went down at Stone's house.

Not taking his eyes off the road for too long he picked up his phone and answered, putting it to his ear. And listening dee'z'ply. 

The next thing I knew sirens were blaring behind us. "Shit!" Liam exclaimed as he quickly lowered the phone from his ear and pulled over in the nearest parking spot.

My heart started racing, I couldn't breathe, I don't know why I'm so nervous, I mean I didn't do anything. But I was nervous for Liam, he had just beat the crap out of a cancer patient and left, now he's getting pulled over. God forbid he goes to jail for Assault, and talking while driving.

The Caucasian police officer got out of his vehicle and proceeded towards us. He had slicked up black hair, he wasn't out of shape but he sure as heck wasn't a supermodel. He knocked on the window as Liam rolled it down and looked him in the eyes.

"License and registration." The officer demanded, I tensed up in my seat and laid my head back against the headrest. I was a witness to the assault, I could go to jail too, couldn't I?

"Hello Miss" the officer said to me as Liam searched through the glove compartment for his insurance papers. I quickly snapped my head in his direction. I opened my mouth to speak but suddenly my throat got dry.

"H-hi" I said starring into the officers sunglasses, not being able to find his eyes. He let out a slight smile to me as Liam pulled out his information.

"You do realize driving on your phone is a ticket correct?" The officer said to Liam "Yes, I realize it's just my mother is a mental patient and she was calling, I had to make sure she was okay sir." Liam said pulling up his Iphone's call log exposing that it was indeed his mother calling.

"That is no excuse, you can use a Bluetooth or earpiece but any hands on usage of a electronic device is a ticket." The officer wasn't backing down to Liam's usual sob story, at least this time it was true.

His mother was terminally ill, she had early on Alzheimer's and schizophrenia, which was really messed up if you ask me because you never know exactly who you are talking to, and the worse part is, neither does she.

The officer left to run Liam's plates in the system. 

"Liam was your mom really calling about being ill?" I asked him, I had to know if it was another sob story or not.

"Yea, she uh, she fell down the steps, it was the hospital calling but she insisted on calling from her own phone. I have to go see her  but I'm not sure I can just whip off on a police officer." he said starring blankly clearly worried about his mother's health.

I couldn't do anything but look at him.

The officer returned. "Sir please step out of the car." The officer said Liam and I quickly got out of the car, he had a puzzled look on his face and honestly so did I. Oh God what if Stone filed a report against him or something.

"You are under arrest for evading parking and traffic tickets, you have the right to remain silent, if you cannot afford a lawyer one will be appointed to you, your car will be reposed and will be $500 to release." The officer said putting Liam into handcuffs and carrying him to the police car, ducking his head in. I ran to the side with an open window.

"Oh my God, LIAM!" was all I could say

"Just, just don't worry about me okay, go make sure my mom is okay. Call Mason and tell him I'm in the cell. I'll be fine don't worry about it, just please go make sure she's okay."

I made it to the hospital after I called Paige to come pick me up in my car, I'd also called Mason and he was on his way to the police station to help Liam get out. 

I had no choice but to feel like it was my fault, if I would have just ran away from him and not been so dumbfounded at him knowing about my pregnancy, he would have been with his mom and she wouldn't have fell. 

"Hello we're here to see Thea Bradley please" I told the lady at the counter. "Are you immediate family?" she asked me

"Seriously does it really matter, she's coming to check on her not to take her off life support" Paige said to the lady. I love my sister but gosh that was harsh, truth full speaking although.

"Excuse me young lady please watch your tone, now, Are you immediate family?" she asked again looking at Paige from the corner of her eye

"Obviously Fucking Not if I just basically cursed your soul about the irrelevance of that question!" Paige spat again at the clerk.

I know it seems unusually how passionate Paige is about seeing someone else's parent, but she loves Thea and she wasn't really heartbroken about me and Liam breaking up, but that the simple fact that she wouldn't be able to sit on his comfy couch watching Netflix and eating vanilla ice cream with his mom, all at the same time talking crap about how she's team Stelena and Thea is team Delena all the way.

"Look I'm not in the fucking mood at the moment, I just want my Netflix buddy back okay, now can I talk to a manager or something" Paige was pissed

The clerk got up from her desk and went to get someone, I shot a stern look at Paige, a slightly disappointed one at the moment. 

"What?" she said looking at me and shrugging her shoulders. "You know how tight me and Thea are."

The clerk returned back to the front with a tall familiar handsome face. Mason's brother

Hunter Hale.