Chapter 7

Jade's POV

Jughead passed the first trial which is easy. I mean whats so hard about taking care of a "Beast" now he was studying the serpent laws. Again not very hard.

"Just give up already." I say.

"Hey if you can do it at a younger age then I can do it now." Jughead says.

"Why do you want to be a serpent? Is it to throw off my plan? Cause its not happening." I say.

"You know J.. Im starting to think this is about how once I join you wont actually be able to hurt me. Serpent laws Jade." He says.

"I hate you." I say.

"Hate all you want, but soon I will be a serpent." He says.

"Well whatever. Just realize the moment your fully one all your Northside friends will bail on you." I say.

The next day Jughead had went through the rules and everyone seemed pleased, but now comes something alittle tricky.

"Whats next?" Jug asks.

"You must retrieve the knife." I say.

I pointed at the cage that contained a rattlesnake. Jughead looked alittle worried and that amused me.

"What scared?" SweetPea asks.

"No. I was just wondering... Is that even safe?" Jug asks.

"The venom has been removed she is harmless." Toni says.

"The Venom may be gone, but her bite is still sharp." I say.

Jughead hesitated, but still went for it anyway. I wasnt sure he would go for it, but he did and he got bit in the process. Which to me made me smile.

"Tomorrow is you final test." Joaquin says.

"And its the biggest one." Fangs says.

"What is it?" Jug asks.

"In order to be a serpent one must be welling to die." I say.

"All male serpents and your sister have done this. Once you pass you are officially a serpent." SweetPea says.

"Wait... Jade is the only girl to do this?" Jug questioned.

"Yeah. That asshole Tallboy was being a dick and I said just give me the boys challenge. Dad agreed clearly drunk not knowing what girl actually wanted to do it. So I went through it and made it out. No ones ever questioned me about my roll in the serpents again." I say.

"Tomorrow Jones be ready." SweetPea says.

The next day I was at the trailer with Jughead and he seemed alittle shaken. I didnt know why, but it didnt matter. Once we were outside getting ready for the other serpents to arrived someone else arrived instead.

"What are you doing here? I thought I warned you about being on the Southside." I say.

"Im not here for you. Betty wanted me to talk to Jughead." Archie says.

"What? Why?" Jug asks.

Before Archie could say why the other serpents appeared.

"Whats he doing here?" SweetPea asks.

"Just being a messenger boy." I say.

"Wait your joining these thugs. They attacked me, Reggie, Veronica, Dilton. Your friends how can you join them?" Archie asks.

"Call us thugs one more time." SweetPea says.

"Sweets stop. Andrews just say what you had to say then beat it." I say.

"Fine. Now I know why Betty wants to do this. She doesnt want to be with you anymore. She wants to end it." Archie says.

"What? No. She said she was fine with this. Your lying." Jug says.

"No Im not. Call her yourself. She knew were you were headed. Its the same path all Jones clearly go down. She wants nothing to do with you." Archie says.

"Well fuck you Andrews. Get out of here before we put an end to you." I say.

He walked passed us and I looked at my brother and he looked upset.

"Did you enjoy the show?" Jug asks.

"The show hasnt even began." SweetPea says.

The others walked away, but before Jughead could follow I stopped him.

"Oh so now your gonna gloat. Well let me save you some time. You were right the Northside would bail the moment I become a serpent." Jug says.

"Well I wasnt gonna say that. I was gonna say that. I was gonna say let the anger about this break up keep you up. Its your only to pass." I say.

"Thanks." He says.

I had to give him a small tip to go through I think he deserved it after that harsh breakup.

Writer's POV

Here on the Southside Jughead was getting hit as hard as serpent males could punch. Hit after hit he stood strong. Once he got to the end SweetPea hit him hard that he fell. Jug quickly got up and SweetPea shook his hand.

"Welcome to the serpents." Jade says and hands Jughead his jacket.

Across town in the Cooper household Betty Cooper was crying on her friend Veronica's shoulder when Archie walked in.

"Well I did it. I wasnt to harsh I dont think. Though if you knew he was joining the serpents and were okay with it... Then why end it?" Archie asks.

"My mom overheard him telling me and she heard me say I was okay with it. So she told me I either dump him or she would find away to keep FP locked up. I couldnt do that to him." Betty says as she cried.

Although what the Northside and Southside didnt know was that they will all come together soon.

A/N: Ugh... Alice Cooper what is the matter with you? Anyway more story to come.