Prologue ~ That Butler, the Schnee ~

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"May I come in, my Lady?"

Winter Schnee, the previous heiress of the Schnee Dust Company who abdicated her right to inherit the company upon joining the Altas Military, one of its Specialists and one of James Ironwood's most trusted, tossed and turned in her bed at the sudden wake up call. She groaned, "Come in..."

The door to her room opened, and came in a tall man with a trolley. Her breakfast was covered underneath the metal dome.

Winter did not live in the Schnee Manor, because of the aforementioned abdication of inheritance. Instead, she lived in her own estate, somewhere close to Altas Academy for convenience sake as well.

She sat upright, stretching out her limbs to refresh herself. Her hair was unruly from waking up, she looked half-asleep and her pajamas were loosely hanging off one side of her shoulder, in short, not as dignified as she would usually look.

"Rough night yesterday wasn't it, my Lady?" the butler chuckled.

Winter groaned, she wasn't in the mood to deal with her butler's antics, instead she reached out her arm and motioned him to give her something.

She was handed a wet towel to wipe up her face, returning it to her butler once finished.

The butler reached to the handle of the metal dome, lifting it to reveal Winter's breakfast for the day. "For today, I've prepared Baked Egg Danishes with Bacon."

Winter picked up the knife and fork that was placed next to the dish, cutting one of the danishes in half. The danishes were perfectly done, the eggs were perfect done, with the yolk still runny, just as she preferred them, the bread crispy on the outside with a satisfying sound upon cutting and soft on the inside with the bits of bacon well done.

"Once again (Y/N), you don't need to do all this in the morning." Winter mumbled, calling out the name of her butler, and eating her relatively elegant breakfast.

"What kind of butler would I be, if I couldn't do this much?" The butler in black named (Y/N) replied with a confident smirk on his face.

Winter gave a grunt in acknowledgement, she held up the empty cup to her butler, indicating to him to pour her a cup, which he obliged.

"I have prepared Atlesian Black." the butler stated, pouring a moderate amount of coffee.

In the past, Winter would have scorned anyone who would serve her Atlesian Black early in the morning, because the blend was known for its incredibly foul taste, but nevertheless was an effective method to kickstart one's morning.

But now, she was indifferent to it, It's not because she had grown used to the coffee or anything like that. It's just that the coffee that her butler brewed was perfect. She doesn't know what (Y/N) did to make even Altesian Black delicious to drink. 

"Today at 10AM, you are needed at Altas Academy to attend General Ironwood's opening orientation speech."

"Mmm."

"At 12PM, there is a meeting to be held with graduates for purposes of recruitment to the Special Operatives unit."

"Mmm."

The butler continued to list out Winter's timetable with Winter repeatedly 'hmph'ing in acknowledgement, until the latter had finished her breakfast.

"I trust you can dress yourself, my Lady." the butler said with a smirk.

Once (Y/N) left the room, Winter quickly laid back onto her bed, sighing. She reached out to her scroll to check the time. 

7:25AM.

She sighed, she still had so much time until she needed to arrive at Altas Academy. Winter watched the ceiling of her room in thought, she honestly did not know much about (Y/N). Other then that she was the one to give him his name at his own request, and that he had been controlling her daily routine for the past year, yet she still didn't learn much about him. 

He was just an enigma, a near-perfect servant. Too perfect to be honest.

It's just that he was too capable at what he does, thus leaving her with nothing to occupy herself when it was usually her own responsibility to prepare herself in the morning, and for the day. Honestly, she was curious who his previous master was, for them to let such a capable butler to go. 

He was simply, just one hell of a butler.

_______________

Another one to add to the ever growing list of stuff I need to write. 

300 Follower Special.

Altesian Black is not an actual thing in RWBY, I copied the name and its characteristics from Coeur Al'Aran's Service with a Smile.

Michaelis or (L/N)?