Chapter One : Muddle

Please pay attention to any chapter tags if there are any.

The hospital walls were glaring back at the man who sat there in a completely dishevelled state. The top buttons of his maroon silk shirt were unbuttoned with drops of perspiration rolling down his temples and spread over his neck. The black formal jacket was discarded at his side while his sleeves had been messily rolled up with sighs of annoyance releasing from his lips, one after the other.

The entire day had been a thorough disaster and the adjective used was still an understatement. It still felt like an oddly from occurrence from a dream for how hazy the situations of the day were. More specifically the night were.

Everything was perfectly fine until he got a call telling that his husband had disappeared from his residence. One thing which wasn't tolerated by any mobster was the disappearance of any family member. Reflexively, he had discarded all his work and headed to meet where one of his guards were laying quietly knocked unconscious in the living room. It took him quite the effort to track his husband down but it eventually turned out that he didn't need to do so at all. There was a call at eleven in the night from his second in command giving away the location of his recently kidnapped brother and father alongside his husband's.

When his entire team did arrive with him to the godforsaken place, they noticed that the place was almost burning in flames with the blood smeared everywhere and the middle of it all was the body, Marcus Castelli. A mob boss who had given the young man quite some trouble to spread the wings of his business not only in Italy but also in Florida. Marcus was the one man who had the heir of the Styles family on a restriction and was proving to be more and more cumbersome as time passed. From framing money to scamming everyone in the underworld, Marcus' claws left nobody out and when he struggled to get Harry Styles under his control, he lashed out and abducted his father and brother. Conspiring and Cowardly.

But something which did not add up on this narration was how his husband slid into it. Out of nowhere, the man snuck in and not only saved his family but also surprised everyone by taking a surgeon's place in the operation theatre too.

At that point, Harry had taken a step back and just melted on to the chairs provided at the end of the hallway and contemplated deeply on the connection of the events passed. Arriving to conclusion that there was no logical or rational explanation whatsoever and any answer he was going to receive was through his husband. The same husband who had been tied to him in marriage and had hardly spoken a word to him in the two years which had passed. He shared his house but failed to share his life. The only update he ever got about him was from his subordinates and the only time they'd ever interact was during Christmas dinners where there was a compulsion for the entire family to be present. His husband was just another stranger he lived with, in a big house filled with great sorrow and even greater regrets.

"Harry," his second in command's voice shuddered him from his pool of thoughts, pivoting his eyes to look up at the muscular man, "they're shifting your father to the other ward, Louis just came out with the other doctors."

Jumping up from his seat, he moved up with his friend to see his father being transported on a medical stretcher when his eyes collided with the figure of a man who had knelt down and was consoling his mother who had preferably just arrived at the hospital on hearing the news of her son and husband.

Sauntering closer, Harry took a seat beside his mother when Louis stopped talking abruptly. After a joined attempt to console his mother, Louis' eyes met the boss' very own and had fluttered away without any reluctance.

Letting Liam guide his mother back to her house while his fingers clasped around Louis' wrist, "We need to talk."