lullaby

I couldnt sleep all night thinking about the case. Something was definitely off but who cares if i die anyway? It will just end the series of my 14 years of killing.

I walked into the mall the next morning with latte in one hand. The last thing i wanted was to snooze while aiming. I went to the place I know she'd be. I sat at the cafe next to it and heard all her talks.

She seemed so ordinary just selling flowers and humming to herself when she was alone. Her phone rang and she went out talking to a person she kept calling flower dealer. Our little bird isn't so innocent after all. I smirked and followed her steps out of her parlor to a road with dead end. I walked closer to snoop what she was doing.

After ending her call, she looked around to make sure no one was watching her. I hid my stance joining the crowd and saw her push the huge metal garbage bin aside with her bare hands. That girl sure got the muscles. I wonder what more surprises she's got.

She went through the wall to some kind of tunnel. I held tight to my gun and followed her quietly. I couldnt trust her anymore. When she got to the other side, I stayed there making sure my breath us not too loud to be heard. She walked to a man and gave him rolled money for a bag he gave her. After he left, she opened the bag full of weed he gave her. May be she did deserve this order after all.
All these thoughts disappeared when she sat down and started crying. I held onto my gun and edged closer without making any sound. I pointed my gun at her lower brain. I was never going to get abetter shot. It was quiet, no one was around and the only voice there was, was her sobbing. Then shit happened.

She started humming a lullaby I knew very well. My mothers lullaby. The soft song that got me through all the scary thunderstorms. She let out a shaky breath and said "make it fast, make it past, move on" I couldnt hold my gun anymore. It dropped on the wet concrete making a crashing sound. She turned to me in horror "wh..who are you?" More tears rolled down her wet checks but I didnt have time to care. I needed answers. "Where did you hear tha..." i didnt get to finish my sentence. A black van of masked gangsters packed us and left. I didnt have the will to fight them, all my thoughts were on that girl. I was startled that a girl i had been ordered to kill had unlocked a chamber of my heart I thought I locked 18 years ago when my mother died.

The lullaby kept playing in my head distracting me from the kidnapping that was being held. "LET ME GO!" yelled when the car came to a stop. I have no idea why i yelled at them when i could have taken them down so easily.

They dragged us in and tied us to chairs that were few inches apart. The girl was continuously yelling and struggling for freedom while i sat there staring at all her moves.

A fierce looking came walked in with badass written allover him but his baby clear skim was definitely not helping his tough act. "Zira my dear friend, I have been waiting for a long time to hear from you" he raised her face with his hand but she turned her head violently. I wonder if her neck snapped. "And who is this young man you brought" he sounded like a voice actor of an old turtle. "Why am I here? Its her that you want isnt it?" I asked "you're not wrong. It is her that I want. But when you take the dog, the tail will have to come along" did he just call me her tail? "Zira, i am going to give you an hour. You better tell me your decision then; and you young man, its not safe to carry guns around if you're just gonna drop them anywhere" i had the urge to beat the living shit out of him but i chose to stand down and watched the men leave me alone with the girl in the girl in the dusty and probably haunted warehouse.