Chapter #22 Seraphina

Darkness. Complete and utter darkness.

       My eyes stayed shut, and I kept my even breaths.

       'Where the hell are you?' The voice in my head asked, 'and why do you keep on getting knocked out?'

       I clenched my teeth, and resisted the urge to yell, 'How am I supposed to know?' Because in reality, I didn't.

       'At least open your eyes,' the voice chastised, 'how are you supposed to know if you don't even open you eyes?'

       I stopped listening to that voice, and tuned in on what was happening. Although I didn't dare open my eyes.

       I was knocked out by someone, for some reason, and in some place.

       Too many things that I didn't know about. I really do get annoyed when things like these happen.

      'Then open you eyes!'

       I shook my head, if I opened my eyes, they could be watching me...

       'Well then, what else is a better idea?!'

       Patience. If I slowly peeked, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

       The darkness subsided, and I accustomed my eyes to the light. In the room that I was in, it seemed like a living room. I was laying on a green coloured couch, and next to me was a small brown coffee table.

       "You still haven't woken up?" I heard an annoyed voice ask. "Aren't you supposed to be strong?"

       I gnawed at my teeth slightly, but kept silent.

      Someone approached me, and I felt a cold hand on my head. I rested a shiver, but it still sent trembles down my spine.

       "Did I knock you out cold that bad?" The voice asked again, but was softer.

       Wanted to sit up and say, "who the hell are you?" But that wouldn't have been a good decision.

       I felt two hands pick me up, "maybe I should take you to the kitchen, that way I can keep an eye on you."

       I pressed my eyes harder. I remember that voice...

       Suddenly, I was laid on a table of some sort, and my kidnapped went away, humming to himself as he went.

      'This guys singing sucks,' the voice in my head groaned, 'I mean, can't he turn on some music of whatever, anything to block out his voice?'

       I peeked again, and hid my face in my long magenta hair, happy that I hadn't cut it.

       My eyes narrowed as I stared at some sort of counter, where my kidnapped was. I couldn't see him clearly, and that was due to the fact that my hair covered most of my vision. But I'm not complaining.

       He turned in my direction again, but the sighed and returned to his work. "When will she wake up?"

        My hands clenched, and a wave of cold air washed over me. It reminded me of the few times I went to the beach, and I wanted to growl.

       Who was this idiot? And why did he think he could mess with me?!

       'Don't underestimate,' the voice in my head warned, 'you could end up staying here if you mess up.'

       My legs began to shake unexpectedly, and the fear of losing my previous life finally settled in. What if I never get out? What if the guy who kidnapped me is part of a group?!