Chapter 14

**2 Months Later, April**

“Nat, Lou just called me with some bad news,” Jimi cried. She was spending the night at my house and had just received a phone call.

“Oh no! What’s wrong?!” I was scared.

“His parents are getting a divorce!”

“What?! No! Why? They’ve always been so happy together!” I was in shock now.

“That’s what I thought too! But I don’t know why. Lou just asked if I could come over. I said I would, so I guess you can come too if you want,” Jimi told me.

“Yeah! Let’s go now!” I grabbed my keys and we quickly drove to Louis’ house.

Jimi jumped out before I even parked and ran up to knock on the front door. She was surprised to see that it was Harry who answered. By that time, I had caught up with her and Harry let us both in.

“He’s up in his room. Jimi, you should go first. We’ll leave you two alone for a while,” Harry informed us.

“Thanks Harry,” Jimi hurried up to comfort Louis.

“Wow. I can’t believe this,” I shook my head.

“Me neither, I still don’t know why it’s happening. Lou wouldn’t tell me.”

“Lou didn’t even tell you of all people? You’re his best friend! Do you think he even knows why?”

“I don’t know, if he does know, he’ll probably tell Jimi before anyone else.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. All we can really do for now is wait,” I shrugged.

“So wait we will…” Harry said as we both plopped down on the couch.

**Jimi’s P.O.V.**

“Lou!” I burst into his room to find him sobbing on his bed, “Oh God, baby. I’m so sorry!” I rushed over and sat down with him. I embraced him gently as he told me what had happened.

“My dad…he was having an affair…” Louis choked out between sobs.

“No! Why?!” I couldn’t believe it!

“I don’t know…but please don’t tell anyone? I haven’t even told Harry yet,” Louis cried.

“I won’t babe, your secret’s safe with me,” I scooted closer to him.

“Thanks Jimi. I just…why would anyone ever have an affair? The thought of it…I just can’t even…” Louis’ voice drifted off into more tears.

“I don’t know, babe, I don’t know…” this was a side of Louis I had never witnessed. The happy, crazy Louis had been replaced with a sad, tearful version of himself. I missed my happy Lou. I just wanted everything to go back to normal so that my love wouldn’t have to cry anymore. It hurt me to see him cry, and I couldn’t believe his dad would ever do something like this to his family. Louis had four younger sisters; it must be terrible for them to go through this! I felt sick to my stomach, and I wanted to just stay there with Lou until he had no tears left in him to cry. So that was exactly what I would do.

**Natalie’s P.O.V. Again**

A long while later, Jimi and Louis came downstairs together. Lou’s eyes were red and puffy, and Jimi seemed to be supporting some of his weight. I had never seen Lou without a big smiled on his face, and this looked like an imposter.

“Hey Boo Bear, how ya doing?” Harry got up and went to hug Louis gently.

“Horrible Haz, I’ve never been so depressed in my life,” Louis wrapped his arms around Harry, and Jimi came over to stand by me.

“I feel horrible,” I told her.

“Me too, I’ve never seen him like this,” she frowned.

“Me neither. I wish I could help somehow…”

“Me too…”

“I think you’ve helped just by being there for him. Honestly, I think what he needs most right now is friends. Especially you,” I told Jimi as we watched the boys hug.

“Thanks Nat, I agree,” Jimi smiled.

“No problem, I just want to help him get through this,” I said.

The boys broke apart and came over to me and Jimi.

“Hey Lou,” I held my arms out to hug him.

“Hey Nat,” he squeezed me and I patted him on the back lightly.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“Not your fault, but thank you,” Lou broke away and squeezed my hand. Then he went back to hug Jimi again.

“Well, we’ll leave you two alone now,” Harry said, and took my hand.

“Yeah, and Jimi, I’ll bring your stuff over here,” I added.

“Thanks Nat,” Jimi sounded truly grateful.

“Bye Lou,” Harry and I said together, and then we left in his car to go get Jimi’s stuff from my house. We drove back to Louis’ and dropped it off. I also left Jimi my keys and car so she could get back to her car at my house later.

“Thanks for driving, Harry,” I said.

“No problemo. Did you want me to take you home now?” he asked.

“Uh, sure, I guess.”

“Alright, I don’t think I should stay though. You know, ‘cause of your dad,” he sounded disappointed.

“I think you can, I have an idea. I’ll go to my room and pretend to be asleep. I’ll lock my door, and you can climb in through my window,” I smiled, proud of my plan.

“Uh, Nat? You room’s on the second floor…” Harry looked adorably confused.

“There’s a ladder out back in the garden, use that.”

“Alright, but what if we get caught?”

“We won’t! Stop being such a worrier, you sound like Liam!” I teased him.

“Haha, very funny,” he stuck his tongue out, “But fine, I’ll do it. Just for you.”

“Aww, thanks sweetie,” I smiled and kissed him on the cheek, “Just park your car down the street a bit and sneak around back. I’ll see you in a few,” I hopped out of the car.

He pulled out of my driveway and drove down the street. I hurried inside and up to my room. I locked my door and went over to my window. I saw Harry already climbing up the ladder. That was fast! I opened my window and he crawled in. I shut it behind him and jumped backwards onto my bed. He sat down next to me.

“Now what?” he laughed.

“I don’t know, just lay down with me,” I turned off my light and snuggled in close to Harry. I put my head on his shoulder and he stroked my hair. I shut my eyes and he gently laid his head on mine. In that moment, my life seemed perfect. All my problems seemed to fade away. I imagined lying there with him forever and ever. He was all I ever wanted, and this was like heaven. He was the one, I knew it. Harry Edward Styles was the one.

The next couple of weeks, we all tried to spend as much time as possible with Louis. We wanted to make sure he was okay and try to cheer him up a bit. One day, Jimi, Harry, and I took him shopping in London. Lou had always loved shopping, he was a total fashionista. And that did seem to cheer him up some, as we had hoped it would.

“I love you guys,” Louis pulled the three of us into a group hug, “Thank you for hanging out with me. I know I haven’t been much fun these past couple of weeks.”

“We don’t blame you, Boo Bear! You have every right to be upset,” Harry told him, “But I’m glad you’re starting to cheer up!”

“Me too, Hazza, me too,” Louis let go of Jimi and me and just hugged Harry then. That made Jimi and me crack up. Larry Stylinson was at it again!

*End of Chapter 14!(: What do you guys think?? Please comment with opinions, questions, anything! I wanna hear what you all think! Thanks guys, love yousss!(: xox