When the elevator dings, she gets out on her floor and uses the second key on her keychain to open the front door to their apartment. Yawning, she dumps her backpack by the couch, mumbles a hello to Lucy as she walks past her to get to her bedroom, and collapses on her bed.

She pulls her phone from her pocket and lets Camila's song All These Years play as she gets into her pyjamas. It's finished by the time she's snuggled down in bed, and she goes back to the younger girl's channel and taps on the latest video.

TESTING WEIRD MAKEUP HACKS BECAUSE I'M A BEAUTY GURU NOW
1,933,344 views
Camila Cabello ---------- SUBSCRIBE: 3.6M
Published on Oct 7, 2016

"As you all are aware, I am not talented when it comes to makeup. I literally make Dinah and Mani be my hair and makeup team or I just don't bother," Camila prefaces, spinning around on her desk chair, "so I thought, why not make it easier for myself? So, I got my favourite little elves, Dinah and Normani, to search up some weird makeup hacks that are supposed to make putting makeup on easier. Spoiler, some of them are like... ridiculously complex? Like, I don't get how they make it easier."

Lauren struggles to keep her eyes open, even though she really wants to, because it's so funny to watch Camila attempt to do things. Any time she feels herself nodding off, she's careful to wake herself up so she can watch to the end of the video.

By the end, Camila is absolutely covered in makeup, and not in an appealing way. The Latina looks at herself in the mirror, laughs, and announces, "Well, I really hope my crush doesn't want to FaceTime as soon as I'm done filming this video, because she definitely won't want to date me after seeing this."

Lauren yawns as Camila does her outro, and she's asleep before the video is over, thinking about how she'd date Camila no matter what she looked like.

-

Camila looks down at the text, more than a little bit panicked.

lern jergi 🥀💫 (1:17PM): Hey, Camz. Thought I should let you know that some random girl just asked me if we're dating? I don't know if she was just a fan or some weird sneaky gossip lady, but I thought you should know.

Camz 💕 (1:52PM): what did you say to her????

Lauren hadn't replied, and it had almost been an hour. She's going a little crazy, and she's stalking some of the more gossipy fans on Twitter, but there's nothing more than a few theories that they're dating, not anything from Lauren that could be taken as a confirmation for something that isn't even true. The last thing she needs is for all of these Camren theories to get bigger and start to spread, because Lauren might get suspicious and realise that they're not exactly wrong, that Camila likes her, and she's only just got Lauren back. She can't lose her again.

She tries to distract herself by heading into the kitchen to look for a snack, but she's constantly checking her phone, and eventually she just thinks fuck it and calls Lauren, hoping she's smart enough to keep her phone on silent if she's in class.

Lauren picks up after a few rings, grumbling slightly, and the way her voice is so raspy makes Camila's stomach flood with guilt. She'd woken her up.

"Mmmm," Lauren groans, and Camila hears her shift around, "is something wrong? Do you need me?"

"No, no, it's not- I'm sorry, I woke you up," Camila apologises, "I was just freaking out a bit. About- um, what you texted me."

Lauren shifts again, and Camila hears her cough, and it makes her feel worse, because what if Lauren was sick? What if she was getting some much needed rest? "About that girl? It was probably nothing."