My hair was french twisted across to the left side of my head and into a bun at the back, a pink flower tucked into the side. My worn brown satchel thrown lazily over my shoulder.

I helped Lucy, balance the box that we had our shopping in before we headed off to the nearest enlisting station where we knew for almost certainty, that my twin brother would be there.

Lucy and I entered the large enclosed area which held a long line of men, at the front stood, you guessed it, Edmund who was speaking to several soldiers not that much older than him and I sitting at a table. We couldn't hear what was being said but we didn't really bother to listen, we need to get back to the house with the food.

"Edmund," called Lucy pulling his attention to us as well as all the other men present. Some snickered underneath their hands childishly, "you are supposed to helping us with the groceries."

Edmund glared around at us as the men laughed louder, particularly the man standing behind him, a rather large man with a cocky attitude who ruffled Ed's hair and exclaimed, "better luck next time, ay, squirt!"

I strolled forwards, all of their attention turning to me. I noticed the man who had made fun of Edmund leering at me. Even the soldier sitting at the table glanced me over with a smile before he poised himself, at least he wasn't openly watching my ever move like the rest had. These types of men irritated me, the sight of any young woman drew their attention and they lost all sense and deceny.

I hooked my arm around Edmund's and began to pull him along, "come along, Ed, we must be moving on." Edmund gave an annoyed sigh before walking willingly. A loud wolf whistle was heard from behind us almost causing Ed to spin around, seething in rage, but I stopped him and turned, "leave it to me."

I turned and spotted the cocky man, who had once again made his presence known, "why hang around him, gorgeous? Come have some fun with a real man! A soldier."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed loudly, "You call yourself a real man? A soldier? With that attitude, that's never going to happen. And if you ever think you can get a woman such as me, you are way in over your head."

"Why you little b-"

"Is that any way to speak to a lady?" 

It was the soldier at the table, he had gotten to his feet and was glaring down at the man, "and a particularly lovely one at that."

He then turned to us, "I apologize, dear lady and to you ...good sir. Good day, ma'am."

He hesitated slightly when referring to Edmund but it seemed to brighten him a little at being shown some respect by the soldier.

"Come along Ed, we have somewhere to be."

As we walked out I whispered to both Lucy and Ed, "I wonder how well he is going to do in the army."

Edmund still seemed rather miffed about it all and he said so quite loudly, "Squirt?! He barely had two years on me! And the things he said to you, Dawn. Sickening!" He took the box from Lucy as we approached the bikes that Lucy and I had brought, Edmund didn't bring one, he hadn't wanted to use Eustace's bike even if Eustace had let him.

"I'm a King! And Dawn's a queen, she shouldn't be spoken to in such a way! We've fought wars and I've led armies," Edmund went around the back of Lucy's bike and began to attach it to the back while Lucy and I put some stuff into the front baskets.

"Not in this world," reminded Lucy, this made me feel worse. I hated being reminded that we weren't in Narnia and of course, everything around us did that!

This annoyed Edmund as well it seemed, as he then said, "yeah, instead I'm stuck here, doing battle with Eustace Clarence Scrubb." At the end of Edmund's complaint, a girlish giggle was heard from nearby catching Lucy's and my attention.