Without questioning it, he nodded and escaped from the small space, with me following right behind him.

"Leaving already?" An amused voice called out. I rolled my eyes, he really was Darkness' father.

To my surprise, Nevos didn't bother to follow us and let us make our way to the ruckus where everyone was.

"I heard what she said about you having the opposite trait... Light?" Theo spoke up, his brow furrowed in thought. "We should bring this piece of information to your parents for their input."

"Good idea. Hopefully then, we can draw up a plan."

We slowed down once we reached the area, speechless at how quickly everything was ruined. Houses, shops, hospitals were completely wrecked and on fire.

I noticed our dear innocent civilians hiding as they watched their warriors, with hope and worry etching their faces.

Rogues and warriors were fighting, swinging their silver weapons and shooting their enemies with rage and hatred. Roars of anger and pain filled the, once calm, air.

Dead bodies and blood decorated the concrete floor, as the fighters tried their best to avoid stepping on their fallen comrades.

I shook my head at the scene in front of me, tears of frustration welling up in my eyes.

This is war.

Helicopters circled the area in the sky, I squinted, not sure if it belonged to us or the humans.

And then I spotted someone with a clipboard.

I groaned internally, knowing we were going get in so much trouble with the US Government. More specifically, The Federation of Supernaturals (TFOSN). 

I snarled at the helicopters, we're going get so much shit from these humans when this is over. They know not to intervene right now, but they'll definitely stick their noses into our business later on.

A long while back, we agreed to coexist, and wrote up a contract outlining our conditions. One of our main conditions was for them to stay the hell out of our business, along with agreeing to keep our existence a secret from the public.

One of theirs was to ensure not intentional harm is to come to their kind, and the land. I took in the devastating scene in front of me, and sighed.

Of course, they don't really trust us and we've never really trusted them. We don't have a friendly relationship with TFOSN, just a civil one.

They know about Rogues, but don't understand that they're different to us, regular werewolves. They just group us all together.

It's always' them vs us' when it came to humans.

They're wary of anything even remotely different to them, and since we're physically stronger - they see us as a threat.

But they are bigger in numbers, so I don't know what they're so concerned about...

"The only humans I dislike." Theo murmured as he watched the helicopters.

"Can you shut it for one second, I'm trying to have a conversation!"

I held back a laugh, recognising Jay's agitated voice. I found it funny that he was trying to a conversation in the chaos.

I found him by a foundation display, that was now barely working, speaking to Emily. She wore a white tank top, soaked in blood, with high waisted black jeans.

My heart lurched a little before I realised it wasn't her blood. Her arms were covered in blood as she concentrated in performing first aid on a fellow warrior.