Chapter 22

We left our mother's study confused.

We always thought when the day Annabelle moved into our home, it's the first time we'd met her, but apparently, that wasn't the case.

We've met her before on a play date and apparently, we did get along with her, better than other candidates. We can't remember any girl from our memories that we got along with her on play dates since we would always cause trouble.

But then again maybe we did get along with her since she didn't have a trait and still doesn't, that would provoke us when we were young.

Alexander went to read the story for Elizabeth before bed, and I went to the room we are staying in.

I found Annabelle asleep with a book in her hand. I took her book and put it on a nightstand.

I looked at the features on her face. Her features are kinda similar to a deer. She had a few freckles decorated on her beautiful milky skin. Her eyelashes are medium length. She has a small cute nose. Her lips are what I admire the most. Her lips aren't considered big or small, but they were very kissable.

I didn't mind kissing her lips again.

Her modest personality completes her overall beauty, creating an aura that can make a lot of men curious about her. If we told anyone that most of her day she spends in her room and she isn't needy like everyone suspects her to be, she would find herself having a harem that could rival the Queen's harem.

We would both want to have her for ourselves only rather than share her with other men.

"I feel a weird feeling coming from your thoughts. What are you thinking about?" My brother Alexander mind linked me.

"Nothing much, I was thinking how it would be troublesome to share our wife with other men," I told him in our mind link.

"Falling into her trap already? In any way she wouldn't bring another husband, because besides the beautiful wife they would have to serve, they would also think about the status they would have by marrying her, which her status as a Duchess completely depends on us. If she brings another husband, she would face humiliation, when we will divorce her, which wouldn't benefit her." He told me.

He was right, she is only a trap that has unknown consequences, I wouldn't want to fall for it thrice.

Curiosity can kill the cat.

The sunlight reached for my eyes, which made me wake up. I sat up and opened my eyes. I looked at my husband who was sleeping with their cat ears and tails out.

I felt weird-looking at them, almost stupefied, I didn't know that shifters can also shift half. I admit that I wanted to inspect their tails and ears, but I refrained from doing that. I'm sure Alexander and Nathaniel would find it a bit creepy if I get caught secretly touching their tails or ears.

"Why are you up so early? You should sleep a bit more." Alexander asked with his sleepy voice.

In one of the ridiculous articles that I've read. That husband must wake up earlier than their wife, so they would be ready to serve when she wakes up, or else it will be considered as disrespecting their wife.

Which is ridiculous since men in Ravendale often have more responsibility than their wife, they would be more tired, so they need more sleep.

"I woke up early because I need to be on a train in four hours," I answered and I left my bed so I could get ready.

"Okay, we will go with you to the train station to see you off." He told me as he was getting up from his bed.

"It's not necessary to come with me. Wouldn't you be more tired if you go with me to see me off and then go back to Ivyvale?" I asked him. I didn't mind them coming with me, but I don't want them to feel that they are obliged to do that.

"We will stay for one more day before going back to Ivyvale," Alexander explained.

"Well all right then."

After I got up and got ready Alexander woke Nathaniel ready so they would also get ready. We ate breakfast and we left the house.

"What will you be doing in Etria?" Nathaniel asked me.

I just listed the plans I hope to achieve so I can open my clinic successfully. They just listened and nodded and didn't add their opinion to my plans. Either they were being polite or since they never owned a clinic they didn't know the process of owning a clinic.

I guess I was right about that I will never get too used to Ravendalian men. They are treating me well, but sometimes I wish to have a more connected relationship like Etrian couples.

Soon we arrived at the train station. Alexander helped me to get out of the carriage.

"Can you do us one favor?" Alexander asked me. It's the first time they asked me to do them a favor. I was wondering what kind of favor they want me to do for them. I just look up to them waiting for what kind of favor they want me to do.

"In a few weeks it will be Elizabeth's birthday, could you... " I interrupted him.

"You want me to get a present for Elizabeth?" I asked my husbands and they both nodded.

"Sure, I will try to get something for her." I smiled at them. They looked relieved at my reaction.

Soon it was time for me to board my train. I just hugged each of my husbands as a goodbye before boarding the train.

Dear diary,

I received a very unexpected letter.

It was an invitation to a six-month ball in Royal Palace, which was a goal for twin princes to find a Queen.

Attendance was mandatory.

I don't know how I did receive the letter or why I'm partaking in this event.

I have no choice but to attend this event, I guess I'm going to have an interesting experience.

-Agatha

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is your chapter ^-^!

Hmm, Aren't  you guys curious how this will end?

What do you think about Nathaniel's thoughts?

What do you think about Agatha's this chapter diary entry?