10. Trip 1: Late Night Conversations

"Are we nearly there yet?" Savvy whined for what seemed to be the one thousandth time as the hired bus drove us from the airport to the hotel.

It had been an hour since we'd arrived in Australia. Getting out of the airport wasn't the issue and our hotel in Sydney was relatively close, the problem was that there was a major traffic jam. The bus had been at a complete standstill for half an hour.

The students of Class 1-C were growing restless as every single one of us was exhausted from the day of travelling and wanted to sleep. Most were too tired to admire the view.

"Are we nearly there yet?" The American stood and raised her voice, as if hoping that would get us there faster. This had been something she continuously asked every six minutes.

"Does it look like we're nearly at hotel?" Lena snapped from beside me, clearly fed up with the repeated question.

"I'm bored!" Savvy huffed as she slumped back down in her seat, folding her arms and pouting as she did so.

"Deal with it."

"You're no fun."

Lena's eyes narrowed into that cold glare I had grown accustomed too. "You're annoying."

"Am not." Savvy replied with a childlike voice.

"Are too."

"Am not."

Lena almost snarled when the American continued to contradict her. "Are too."

"Am no-"

"Children, children. While seeing you getting along is great and all, there are other very tired people on the bus who can hear every word you're saying." Juna complained from a few seats behind, sounding exasperated.

With a genuine look of guilt, Savvy stood up once more and turned to the entirety of Class 1-C. "Sorry y'all! I'll shut up!"

Lena huffed, folded her arms and turned to gaze out of the window, clearly having no intention of apologising. I smiled slightly as I stared at her. Over the short period of time that I had known Lena, I was beginning to accurately predict how she would react to certain things. It was quite endearing really.

However my small smile turned sour once I looked at my reflection in the window and saw that Lena was staring at me staring at her. My whole staring thing was purely innocent but I could see how it could be taken out of context.

Ah shit.

Time to try and save my arse. "I'm starting to be able to predict how you react to things."

The Russian turned to face me. "Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Good." I answered without hesitation. "It means I'm getting to know you."

Lena nodded and turned back to the window, mindlessly watching the nightlife of the city. I had always loved cities and Sydney did not disappoint. With its glowing skyline and bright streets despite the darkness, it was easy to see why this was a popular tourist destination.

The hotel we would be staying in was situated directly beside Bondi Beach however it was too dark to see the full beauty of the famous seaside. Climbing off of the bus, I was completely blown away by the sheer size of the building. It looked more like a skyscraper than an actual hotel. 

Stepping inside, the hotel foyer was as impressive as the outside. With plush black couches to a huge fish tank that lined the far right wall, it was nothing short of magnificent.

While the teachers checked us in, I sat with my group on a few sofas beside a rather large window. I assumed that during the day, it would display a rather nice view of the beach.