Skin To Skin

Sean went over to his son as the nurse weighed him and measured him. Another nurse took his footprints.

The new father was still in awe of the tiny human before his eyes, he hoped it would be like that forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nurses finished Ethan's tests, and he suddenly started crying louder than before.

"Looks like someone's hungry." The nurse laughed as she carried the baby in her arms towards his mother.

"You ready to nurse him, Kaycee?" The woman asked.

Kaycee nodded smiling and positioned her arms so the nurse could hand her her baby.

She had looked forward to this since the first day she was happy she was pregnant, the bonding experience excited her.

She pulled down the side of her gown, and placed her son in position so he could eat for the first time.

Ethan's eyes fluttered open as he nursed, making Kaycee's grin get even closer to her ears.

Sean just stared at Kaycee, something he did a lot. He couldn't believe how strong she was and how gentle and sweet she was being with Ethan. His heart melted at the sight of the now two most important people in his life. He tried to stop the tears that formed in his eyes by just staring at his little family, and he failed at the attempt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple minutes, Ethan finally finished eating, therefore an anxious Sean was awaiting.

He would soon be able to experience something similar to what Kaycee did, but not exactly the same.

"Skin on skin contact is great for dad and baby, since it will form a special bond similar to the one your baby has with his mother." The nurse explained.

Sean took off his shirt as the nurse approached him with Ethan, who was currently only in a diaper.

"He's so tiny." He said out loud.

"I know, Bubbs, he's a newborn." Kaycee said trying to hold in her laughter, as it currently hurt her to do that.

The nurse placed the baby in Sean's arms.

"Ok, now place his chest against your own." She instructed.

As soon as Ethan relaxed into him, Sean sighed, a smile never leaving his lips.

"Hi. I'm your father. You are the most perfect being I have ever seen, baby. I love you."

Ethan made little noises as if he was trying to talk back, which only made him cuter.

Sean closed his eyes and began humming the tune of Ethan's lullaby before singing it.

Kaycee heard Sean and her heart melted at the sight of the two loves of her life, and at her amazing boyfriend's voice.

"And though you'll never see me go, I hope you always know you're mine."

Sean finished singing to his son, tears stinging his eyes for the hundreth time in 3 hours.