seventeen

Jacob led the others to the subway, Queenie following close behind him

Jacob led the others to the subway, Queenie following close behind him. The rain was gently falling onto the ground, but he was shielded. Jacob fought back tears.

"I was never supposed to know any of this. Everybody knows Newt only kept me around because - hey - Newt, why did you keep me around?" Jacob asked sadly.

"Because I like you. Because you're my friend and I'll never forget how you helped me, Jacob," Newt sadly responded.

"And I'll come with you. We'll go somewhere. We'll go anywhere. See, I ain't gonna find anyone like - " Queenie got cut off.

"There's loads like me," Jacob replied.

"No, no. There's only one like you."

The pain was unbearable.

"I gotta go," Jacob said.

"Jacob!" Newt called out.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's like waking up, right?" Jacob asked.

They smiled at him. Jacob walked backwards into the rain. He turned to the sky, arms out, and allowed the water to wash over him completely. Queenie created a magical umbrella with her wand and stepped out toward him.

Neeki tightly held onto Newt's hand. He looked down at her with a sad look in his eyes as he took in her appearance. There were blood and whip marks all over her flesh. Neeki purred and rubbed her nose on his shoulder. He smiled briefly before putting his attention back on Jacob.

Queenie gently kissed Jacob, and when he opened his eyes, they were all gone.

Jacob was exhausted from a hard day at the factory. He wanted to sleep. The area was crowded with frantic people who all needed to be somewhere. Jacob was holding his own case.

Newt bumped into Jacob, knocking his case. "So sorry!" he apologized.

"Hey!" Jacob yelled, not recognizing him.

Jacob picked up his case, which was heavier than his. He opened up his case to see silver Occamy eggshells and a card.

Dear Mr. Kowalski, you are wasted in a canning factory. Please take these Occamy eggshells as collateral for your bakery. 
                                   -A well-wisher

THREE MONTHS LATER

There was a crowd of people outside of Jacob's bakery. It was a little shop that was painted pink. The doorbell jingled to signal the entrance of a new customer. There were pastries and loaves of bread on the counter, all molded into fanciful little shapes of a Demiguise, Niffler, and an Erumpent.

"Where do you get your ideas, Mr. Kowalski?" an old woman asked.

"I don't know, I don't know - they just come!" Jacob exclaimed with a smile on his face. He gave her the pastries she ordered. "Here you go. Enjoy."

The bell rang again. Jacob looked up and smiled at her beauty. It was Queenie. They stared at each other, enchanted. Jacob touched his neck, and a memory appeared. They smiled again.