Chapter 1

"Skylar get up someone is coming to adopt one of us." Lauren, my younger sister says.

Well she is actually isn't my sister, but I love her like she is. I go upstairs into my room that I share with Lauren, I put on some sweats and a sweater over my tank top. I lock the door. I don't even try to get adopted. I love it here and anyways they always adopt the younger kids, right? I mean there cuter then me.

"Skylar get your butt down here" I hear the maid say, Mrs. Jules.

I run down the stairs and line up by Lauren. I grab my phone from my pocket and play some music with my head phones in. There is a boy with white and black hair trying to speak to me. I take off my headphones.

"What are you listening to?" The boy says.

"I'm listening to 5 Second of Summer, there my favorite band. I haven't seen how they look like though, I pretty sure they look fucking hot." I say to him that's the best about being the oldest here I can whenever I want to because I'm 17.

"I'm pretty sure they fucking hot too" he pauses "Would you like if I adopted you?"

Wait, what did he just say. I think I heard it wrong. Why someone adopt me? I'm not young and beautiful.

"Would you?" he tilts his head.

"Oh my gosh yes yes yes" I scream " Thank you. "

"Go get your things ready while I go sign some paper" he says.

I run up the stairs and get my suitcase out from under my bed, yes I told Ms.Miles if I could keep it in my room. I grab the picture frame that holds a picture of me and my dad. I smile at it he's probably smiling at me.

"Guess what daddy, I'm getting adopted today. I can't wait. He seems really nice. Thank you for looking over me dad. He won't ever replace you though" I look down at the picture and realize I was crying as a tear fell on the glass.

I open the back of the frame there is a piece of paper.

Hey Sky, Happy Birthday ! I hope you like the charm bracelet I got you. Mom picked a charm and I picked the other one. Guess who picked which one out.

I love you my beautiful Sky, never give up.

Love, your awesome most favorite person in the universe daddy

I laugh quietly at how he signed it.

"Your not going to leave me are?" I look up and see Lauren standing by her bed.

"Lauren I'm so sorry, but I'm getting adopted. " I say as tears start to run down my checks once again "Let me go ask the guy if he can adopt you to. I'll keep asking until he says yes, okaystay here."

I run down the stairs and open the office door.

"May I please speak to him" I say pointing to the guy. I don't know his name yet.

"Please say yes I'll take care of every thing."

"What are you talking about?"

"Can you please adopt my friend, Please?" I beg.

"I don't know"

"Please if you say no I'm not coming with you come on I'm the only one she has left, P L E A S E!"

"Okay, but what's her name, so I can Adopt her." he says giving up.

"Her name is Lauren, Lauren Mitchell Resem" I say proud that I got him to adopt her.
"Thank you so much don't buy me anything for Christmas this is enough."